Unreal: S3 Demo Levels

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I wish to say that I stopped searching for the Unreal: S3TC Maps as I have obtained them from a source that wishes to remain anonymous.

Download links:

- Hyper.nl Unreal Services - check at the bottom of the Files section. Added by Hyper, today.

I will add more sources myself after March 15 - I don't know exactly when.

The full list of the maps, along with their varieties, is:

DMEgypt1
DMFly1B
DMS3Gallery
DMS3GalleryB
DMS3Movie
DMSavageStreets1
DMSavageStreets1Bots
DMStreet1
DMStreets2
DMStreets2Bots
DMStreets2Light

I included all of them because I don't want anyone to miss anything. Also, a bonus: 3 new maps from the Creative bundle of Unreal:

DmBayC
DmCreek
DmKrazy

By releasing this map pack onto the internet, I hereby pronounce the beginning of the project known as NME: No More Exclusives. From now on, no exclusive level from any kind of Unreal bundle will remain exclusive; everyone will be able to download it and place in their regular Unreal installation.

Now, becuase the S3TC maps use high-res textures, a special renderer is required. You must meet one of the following requirements for the high-res textures to display properly:

- S3 Savage 4 or compatible video card - use S3 MeTaL renderer if you have that kind of card.
- OpenGL compatible video card - use OpenGL renderer. This will only take effect if you have installed a Multimedia Patch from OldUnreal.

If using OldUnrealMultimediaPatches please make sure to turn on the UseS3TC variable under advanced options. Consult the patch documentation for further details.

Happy playing!

Victor Delacroix

PS. A file is missing? Any other errors? Just send an email to: delacroix02@tlen.pl

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Yes, there are TWO threads about the S3 Demo Levels... one even contains DEAD LINKS to gallery level. However this thread contains a working link for the pack.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Amen to that, Dinwitty... I believe The Source will reveal when they see fit. For now, you just have to wait until that happens.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I MADE THAT TORRENT - so it's no matter what tracker is it on. But, if you insist, I'm listing the archive's contents:

Help folder:

S3TC.txt

Maps folder:

DMEgypt1.unr
DMFly1B.unr
DMS3Gallery.unr
DMS3GalleryB.unr
DMS3Movie.unr
DMSavageStreets1.unr
DMSavageStreets1Bots.unr
DMStreet1.unr
DMStreets2.unr
DMStreets2Bots.unr
DMStreets2Light.unr
DmBayC.unr
DmCreek.unr
DmKrazy.unr

Textures folder:

Addon.utx
AStreet.utx
BigPic.utx
BigPicGall.utx
Egypt.utx
Fields.utx
Fields2.utx
FramEdge.utx
Marble.utx
Marble30.utx
Movies.utx
Movies2.utx
Nile.utx
Pictures.utx
Pictures30.utx
SavageSt.utx
SavageSt2.utx
SavageStSky.utx
TestCld2.utx
TestClds.utx
Theatre.utx
Theatre2.utx

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Oh, and a reason, why I must keep my mouth shut: The Source had no choice but to upload the entire build to me. And it's NOT a shareware version of Unreal as in the Creative/3dfx case: it's a full game PLUS the gallery add-on. I ripped the gallery add-on, which is completely legal (the maps WERE running around the network on all S3 web sites - I'm simply refreshing that situation). So, I CANNOT reveal the identity of The Source. Respect that, please.

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
I have had BitTorrent open for a few hours now, and still no traffic. in the log I get these errors:

[2006-02-21 09:54:02] "Unreal_S3TC_MapPack.exe" : Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>
[2006-02-21 09:55:53] "Unreal_S3TC_MapPack.exe" : Tracker announce still not complete 60 seconds after starting it

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
The torrent is on The Pirate Bay - not all clients work well with TPB. Try Azureus, ABC or BitSpirit. I'm using ABC.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Oh and one more thing. The textures will look not too pretty unless you are using either S3 Metal Driver or OldUnreal Multimedia Update for your game... If none of these is used, the textures will load in default sizes - all the renderers except from software will blur the textures WAY TOO MUCH and software rendering is not good also - too low detail.

Quite simply:

- if you own an S3 video card, select S3 metal driver as your display driver in Unreal.
- if you DON'T own an S3 video card, you MUST have an OpenGL video card (e.g. nVidia cards) and OMP (OldunrealMultimediaPatches).

Check the screenshots in some other thread concerning these maps - the less detailed ones come from computers that don't support HiRes textures.

EXPLANATION: The S3TC textures included with the map pack contain also low res textures in the UTX packages. Unless an S3TC compliant driver is used, the low res textures will ALWAYS load.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
AMEN, Hyper. Sorry for my bad upload. I can't do anything about it. Could you possibly put the pack on your Unreal Services site after you finish? BTW, I just converted the S3TC textures from UT CD2, at least those that can be used by Unreal (why convert UTTech1.utx for example?) and downloaded 700 MBs of Unreal Retexturing Project works - jeez, what a difference. I'm really glad that there is something like OMP - without it those 700 MBs of textures would be useless :D Anyway, although these S3TC presentation maps are crappy as long as we're talking playability, they gave me a hint: S3TC is worth trying.

I almost forgot... Stay away from here, guys - they'll ban you if you start talking about these S3 Demo levels. I got banned... I just cant stand that lack of professionalism. They don't seem to understand that these levels are not illegal (they were available on S3 related websites a long time ago) and they probably also consider torrents illegal. Jesus, P2P technology was created for stuff like that. For sharing free, legal stuff. Just because loads of idiots use torrents for illegal purposes, the technology itself doesn't become illegal. It's like someone would prohibit using kitchen knives because of maniacal murderers' actions :p

I'll check out a few more forums and see what pops up. After doing so, I'll transform this particular post into a "Lamers' List", containing all those who exagerrate in fighting piracy (which is a just cause) by eliminating also perfectly legal technologies and files.

LAMERS LIST:

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum - Idiotic administration - they'll ban you for P2P even if you share legal things, like the Unreal S3TC Map Pack.
http://www.dodo.com.au/ - Australian ISP that blocks P2P using poor excuses. Check Jennifer Charne's post for details. Nick: JeniSkunk.

Last edited:

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
Delacroix said:
AMEN, Hyper. Sorry for my bad upload. I can't do anything about it. Could you possibly put the pack on your Unreal Services site after you finish? BTW, I just converted the S3TC textures from UT CD2, at least those that can be used by Unreal (why convert UTTech1.utx for example?) and downloaded 700 MBs of Unreal Retexturing Project works - jeez, what a difference. I'm really glad that there is something like OMP - without it those 700 MBs of textures would be useless :D Anyway, although these S3TC presentation maps are crappy as long as we're talking playability, they gave me a hint: S3TC is worth trying.

I almost forgot... Stay away from here, guys - they'll ban you if you start talking about these S3 Demo levels. I got banned... I just cant stand that lack of professionalism. They don't seem to understand that these levels are not illegal (they were available on S3 related websites a long time ago) and they probably also consider torrents illegal. Jesus, P2P technology was created for stuff like that. For sharing free, legal stuff. Just because loads of idiots use torrents for illegal purposes, the technology itself doesn't become illegal. It's like someone would prohibit using kitchen knives because of maniacal murderers' actions :p

I'll check out a few more forums and see what pops up. After doing so, I'll transform this particular post into a "Lamers' List", containing all those who exagerrate in fighting piracy (which is a just cause) by eliminating also perfectly legal technologies and files.

I know Tweakers, It was the first ever forum I registered to. It's still one of the best Dutch language ICT related sites, but the moderators there are very strict. You should probably neede dto ask them in advance before posting the torrent, explaining what it is. I know that sounds quite weird but that is the way the tweakers.net admins work.
I'll see if I can make some space to upload the S3TC demo's at my site when I finished downloading.

Last edited: