I dunno if this has been requested before but...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Can someone either port or convert Raptor from UC2? She's one of my favourite bots.

Big shot of how I'd like her in UT2004 (just like in UC2):
http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.yahoo.com/games/buzz/content/p/2/41772/raptor.jpg

Some old concept art (notice that in the current state of raptor she has blue eyes and instead of braids she has three black antennae that hang back mostly):
http://www.beyondunreal.com/staff/raptor/uc2_dec04/full/Concept Art/1.jpg

Sort of doubtable anyone will do this but oh well.

EDIT: It seems Raptor is indeed female, though her sex is listed as N/A. All the better, I guess. I think the reason she doesn't resemble Cathode/Enigma/Etc is possibly because Raptor was made as a mining robot and not a PR/Tournament robot. :)

EDIT 2: Okay now I'm just confused. Everything in UC2 is pretty o_O anyway. (Necris Brock/Lauren, Emo Gorge, anyone?) Thanks Epic for making the storyline and characters of the Unreal series so inconsistant.

EDIT 3: The bio in the game calls her a she, so there.

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Good luck with the request, Olga. I don't believe it's allowed to port/convert anything from UC2 but it could certainly be made from scratch using the other game model as reference. Funny I haven't seen UC2 (and don't plan to) but that robot looks more like a female than a male looking at the shape ;)

Haven't seen it requested before so you never know :D

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Raptor is of female persona. Rapier and Syzngy are of male persona for some reason. BTW who ever picks this up, Rapier is Navy Blue, Syzngy mid-tone Green and add a Red one called Cobalt (not in UC2, but it be nice to have a squad of 4). (then of course it's not gonna be hard to make it CTF4 compatible)

You may ask how I know this. I cheked the death/suicide messages in the bottom left.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It would be nice, but i think that slaughter was working on a model similar to this one. A UC2 model i guess.
He gave up for skinning it though.

Last edited:

<=N1GHTW1SH=>

råZør
Sep 1, 2005
Random Elite said:
edit: Google's not helping. Link please Nightwish

www.liandriconflict.com

Go to characters, then choose raptor on the board, then when it shows a little vid in the upper right, click view right above it, and hear the 'he' when it talks about the radar in CTF.:)

EDIT- It's very high quality so it takes a while to load.

Last edited:

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
Olga said:
Actually there was a thread on the UC2 board about porting from UC2 and apparently Epic says its okay to port from UC2 as long as you don't touch Midway IP (like Raiden). In fact someone actually released a UC2 texture pack a while ago.
If it wouldn`t be allowed this one wouldn`t be on SkinCity ;)

pic2_id491.jpg

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
<=N1GHTW1SH=> said:
www.liandriconflict.com

Go to characters, then choose raptor on the board, then when it shows a little vid in the upper right, click view right above it, and hear the 'he' when it talks about the radar in CTF.:)

EDIT- It's very high quality so it takes a while to load.

Thanks. Damnit, make your minds up Epic!

Still, I think Raptor would be better as a female. I'll start a poll 'bout this. It'll be in General.

EDIT: New Poll

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
SaD said:
I doesn´t touch the midway IP.

I think we can convert/use UC2 models for UT2004 since they are the same creators. We can curently use all the Unreal 2 contents, XMP, unreal tournament 1999, Unreal 1.

IP?