News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Reviews > Nali City > Reviewer Comments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th May 2004, 07:22 AM   #1
barballs
Packed with Unreal goodness

Smile DM-1on1-TheCore

First off I would like to thank Ironblayde for taking the time to write such a detailed review of my map. With this review I will be able to make my next map even better for you all.

The "pretty wierd" one-trigger-two-pools was a result of bad copy/paste syndrome. The lack of sounds overall was my lack of confidence with my ability to put them in correctly. I will try adding them in more for the my next work.

This was the same result wih the anti-portals. I understand how they work, I just didnt see where to put them to save the frames. With regards to the rather large zone portals, it was the only way I knew to actually stop rendering some of the excessive overdraw above while fighting on the lower tiers of the main arena.

Ah now the bots. At the time of construction I didnt not know how to force a bot to double jump accross a large gap. Thanks to trying to figure out how to get the bots to dodge up ramps I discovered this. I subsequently went back and added it into the map but the bots still cant reach the dammage amp. It is a question I have posted on 3 forums trying to find out how to get a bot to wall dodge. No one knows or seems to care about bots enough to give me a helping answer. I decided to cheat. If my method works you will be facing a very tough opposition in my next map

When finished with my second map I will go back to TheCore with a freash eye and see what I need to upgrade, namely: trims and BSPs. And with any luck TheCore Revision 1 will be a much meaner animal!

Once again thank you for your constructive critisim. It was a great help.

"See ya starside"
Blog | Portfolio | UCMP | HOLP | Wheelman
barballs is offline   Reply With Quote