Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > New Version Suggestions

Old 16th Mar 2004, 04:52 PM   #21
Streaks
Crunchings and munchings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N'kEnNy
Does it really matter? How many kills have you gotten while falling? How many times have you been killed by someone falling (and shooting accuratly)? How many times have you seen this happen?

People who fall or stumble in high-damage games like Infiltration are more busy worrying about the fall than actually doing damage on the enemy.

You are correct, it really doesn't matter dude. However, neither does the color of shell casings, nor the alignment of the muzzle flash, nor a lot of other little things

Streaks

Good...........bad......................I'm the guy with the gun
Streaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2004, 07:20 PM   #22
N'kEnNy

I'm all for keeping with realism and I do believe that the devil is in the details. But endless discussion over tiny annoyances isn't very constructive. The Infiltration team should by now be aware of this thing, and if they deem it a worthwhile project they'll work on it.

On another note I must admit I didn't see you post Streaks. I had read the thread earlier and once I decided to actually spend time responding to it I didn't read through all the new stuff that had been written.
N'kEnNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2004, 09:14 PM   #23
Streaks

It's all good

Old 17th Mar 2004, 02:32 PM   #24
jayhova
Don't hate me because I'm pretty

It's the little things that give a game like INF the "real as it gets" imersion factor. I was noticing while running around Chasm one day that I was able to jump off of roofs while keeping my gun sighted and it occured to me that this was not very realistic. If anyone thinks it is just try it. The realistic thing would be to have the weapon held like in the sprint position as this is how it is done IRL.

Of course I am concerered that a small thing like this might be hard to deal with, but as I recall the bots have a falling animation so logically there must be an event triggered by falling over a certain distance. It follows that one could use that event to the weapon position to the sprint mode. There may be a huge flaw in my logic here as I don't do any UT programming so feel free to flame me if I have made any really stupid assumptions here.

Remember! Pyramids come and go, but the words of our Pharaoh shall live forever.
jayhova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2004, 06:06 PM   #25
Streaks

I'd like to see tumbling when you fall out of control (as opposed to falling while IN control I guess LOL )

But then, I do realize that games can only get _so_ real. I mean, go play paintball or airsoft if you want more realism in a game (not speaking to any one person mind you )