Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > New Version Suggestions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th Feb 2004, 10:13 PM   #1
jayhova
Don't hate me because I'm pretty
 
jayhova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 19th, 2002
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 331
Aim while jumping.

I have a problem with being able to aim while jumping/falling. Does anyone else? I know it's small but it bugs me.
__________________

Remember! Pyramids come and go, but the words of our Pharaoh shall live forever.
jayhova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2004, 10:26 PM   #2
Cap'n Beeb
Banned
 
Cap'n Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 27th, 1999
Location: A mountain compound
Posts: 8,107
Do you have a rifle? If so, aim and then jump up and down while keeping your aim. Hurts, doesnt it?
__________________


Cap'n Beeb & Fizzil <3 for life.
Anaemic is a super stud.
Cap'n Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2004, 12:08 AM   #3
Beppo
Infiltration Lead-Programmer
 
Beppo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 29th, 1999
Location: Aachen, Germany
Posts: 2,283
or use the classic broom-stick-test-method... take care to not stitch it into your eye...

sarcasm aside... it is meant to be this way due to obvious reasons.
__________________
Beppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2004, 01:10 AM   #4
jayhova
Don't hate me because I'm pretty
 
jayhova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 19th, 2002
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beppo
or use the classic broom-stick-test-method... take care to not stitch it into your eye...

sarcasm aside... it is meant to be this way due to obvious reasons.
It's not obvious to me why it is possible to aim and jump at the same time.
__________________

Remember! Pyramids come and go, but the words of our Pharaoh shall live forever.
jayhova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2004, 05:43 AM   #5
Crowze
Bird Brain
 
Join Date: Feb. 6th, 2002
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts: 3,554
I've never come across this problem. Was it online or offline?
__________________

Infiltration | Sentry Studios
Crowze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2004, 11:54 AM   #6
yurch
Swinging the clue-by-four
 
yurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 21st, 2001
Location: USA, Maryland.
Posts: 5,781
He is aiming, not asking why he can't.

Are you talking about pistols?
__________________
yurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2004, 12:09 PM   #7
keihaswarrior
<P^R>
 
keihaswarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 7th, 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,376
umm... ...jayhova, you know that in 2.9 jumping causes your weapon to hip don't you? Only pistols can be aimed while jumping and sprinting.
__________________

--------------========Fear the Spear=============>
Downloads:
Storm Trooper Camo
keihaswarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2004, 05:13 PM   #8
SaraP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb. 12th, 2002
Location: The Land of the Governator
Posts: 935
I think he means you *shouldn't* be able to aim while jumping and falling, not that you *should*.
__________________
"The larger number of rounds carried inside the M9 and replacement magazines means that the soldier can stay in the fight longer before having to perfect his/her pistol throwing skills."

- USGI M1911/M1911A1 Service Pistols: M1911 vs. M9 , author unspecified

"A woman in Milton Township, Michigan, discovered a Glock .40-caliber pistol in her kitchen. She put it in the oven. That night, the family decided to cook a pizza and preheated the oven. There was a round in the chamber, and the intense heat caused the weapon to discharge, killing a male infant who was sleeping about 25 feet away in the living room."

- The Major Cause of Gun Accidents -- People's Own Stupidity by Brian Carnell
SaraP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2004, 12:48 AM   #9
jayhova
Don't hate me because I'm pretty
 
jayhova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 19th, 2002
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 331
Sorry for the confusion when I say jumping I mean like off of something like a building or crate etc. You can stay in aimed mode as long as you don't land so hard that you drop your weapon.
__________________

Remember! Pyramids come and go, but the words of our Pharaoh shall live forever.
jayhova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2004, 01:15 PM   #10
Gnam
Registered User
 
Gnam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 13th, 2002
Location: Yes, please.
Posts: 515
In other words, you're talking about falling, not jumping, after running off a high place? This makes sense, because in this case, since you never jumped, your weapon never got hipped so nothing is stopping you from aiming. I guess you could just make it so falling for more than a few feet hips your weapon too.
__________________
"Guns don't kill people, people do, and monkeys [if they have a gun.]"
- Eddie Izzard
Gnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2004, 01:28 PM   #11
jayhova
Don't hate me because I'm pretty
 
jayhova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 19th, 2002
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 331
Since falling animations exist I assume this should be possible.
__________________

Remember! Pyramids come and go, but the words of our Pharaoh shall live forever.
jayhova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2004, 01:44 PM   #12
Vega-don
arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
 
Join Date: Mar. 17th, 2003
Location: Paris suburbs
Posts: 1,904
thats stupid. case closed
Vega-don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2004, 01:49 PM   #13
jayhova
Don't hate me because I'm pretty
 
jayhova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 19th, 2002
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 331
I disagree. It's stupid to be able to drop 8' and keep your weapon aimed. If you don't think so maybe you should try it.
__________________

Remember! Pyramids come and go, but the words of our Pharaoh shall live forever.
jayhova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2004, 04:42 PM   #14
Vega-don
arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
 
Join Date: Mar. 17th, 2003
Location: Paris suburbs
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhova
I disagree. It's stupid to be able to drop 8' and keep your weapon aimed. If you don't think so maybe you should try it.
what the **** do you mean ?

one post you say we shouldnt be able to aim one post you say we should be able to aim..
thats realy strange. you use drugs ?

i say its stupid to want to aim while falling. its realistic to aim while falling if you aimed before , but you fall so fast that you cant aim even if your arms are in aim position.plus you can't focus on something else than your landing
Vega-don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2004, 07:16 PM   #15
sir_edmond
In my own world
 
sir_edmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 12th, 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 442
thought INF causes you to drop your weapon when you fall something like 3+ feet.
Technically dropping a weapons isn’t realistic because the weapon is normally on a sling/cable.
__________________
Warning: i am in my own world


"We Don't Die...we just regroup in hell"
sir_edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2004, 10:08 PM   #16
geogob
Koohii o nomimasu ka?
 
geogob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 11th, 2000
Location: replication{ reliable if( Role==ROLE_Authority ) Tick;}
Posts: 4,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_edmond
thought INF causes you to drop your weapon when you fall something like 3+ feet.
And me who thought only chicks had no sense of length and orientation.
__________________


--
Intelligenti Pauca

--
Get RealTargets - INF_Loadlim - INF Mod Team addons
geogob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2004, 08:37 PM   #17
Gnam
Registered User
 
Gnam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 13th, 2002
Location: Yes, please.
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega-don
one post you say we shouldnt be able to aim one post you say we should be able to aim..
He wasn't saying you should be able to aim while jumping, he was saying you shouldn't. Now, he's not saying you should be able to aim while falling, he's saying you shouldn't. What's the big deal?
__________________
"Guns don't kill people, people do, and monkeys [if they have a gun.]"
- Eddie Izzard
Gnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2004, 10:34 PM   #18
jayhova
Don't hate me because I'm pretty
 
jayhova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 19th, 2002
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 331
Ummmm.. I don't think I ever said that you "should be" able to aim and jump. The confusion was a semantical one. I was saying that I have a problem with being able to aim while jumping/falling I should have clarified that. IMHO It would be nearly impossible to keep a gun aimed as that 8lb gun would weigh 50lbs on landing not to mention the fact that it would be nearly impossible to contol your landing if you were trying to aim a weapon.
__________________

Remember! Pyramids come and go, but the words of our Pharaoh shall live forever.
jayhova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2004, 11:49 PM   #19
Streaks
Crunchings and munchings!
 
Streaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 25th, 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhova
I disagree. It's stupid to be able to drop 8' and keep your weapon aimed. If you don't think so maybe you should try it.

What does it matter man? If you fall another two feet, you die anyway

Personally I think the distance for taking serious damage needs to be bumped up a bit.

As to the bit about aiming while falling.....I guess it depends on the goal at hand....if I was running after someone to keep them from killing a hostage for example, and fell off a roof or other purchase, I might ignore that I was falling and try to make the imaculate-interception But then, I never have been, and never will be a good candiate for the armed forces :evil:

Maybe if you keep the aim for the first few feet? And then relax the grip? Even better would be if you could simply tumble out of control or even gently
__________________


Good...........bad......................I'm the guy with the gun
Streaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2004, 09:18 AM   #20
N'kEnNy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug. 1st, 2003
Location: I live here, Really.
Posts: 121
Does it really matter? How many kills have you gotten while falling? How many times have you been killed by someone falling (and shooting accuratly)? How many times have you seen this happen?

People who fall or stumble in high-damage games like Infiltration are more busy worrying about the fall than actually doing damage on the enemy.
N'kEnNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer