dm-Cavern_arena2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
Moved from Showcase!!

I need this map test played please!!
I aready know about the bugs in the warpzones but do not know how to fix them. All it does is turns some players and some weapon fire to one side! If you know how to fix it please let me know.

Attachments

• dm-Cavern_Arena2.zip
    373.7 KB · Views: 36

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
Replies From others.

This are for those repling after this was moved.

Silva said:
try rotating the sheets 180..........

Nahand said:
Heh...

Ok. The map is a "rounded-arena" multi-layered cavern, with lava at the bottom and on another room, and warpzones to make for some inter-catwalk connections.

Apart from the already mentioned warpzone problems (that plague any warpzone, no matter what UT map seemingly), i found the map amusing. Of course, i don't know if it would last for long, after all, it's an arena map...

The only things i can advise you to take a look (knowing that a map like this will never go beyond average), are:

1. The lava is still. Make it boilant.

2. The overall look is ok for a cavern, but feels too empty. You could work a few features at the cavern walls, as well as lighting, and some lighting effects like projections/shadows.

3. Too many super power-ups?

4. I've played the map with 6 players (me + 5 BOTs). This is one of those rare DM maps that actually got to my FragLimit = 51, inside the TimeLimit for DM = 15m, with Weapons Stay set to OFF. Carnage. Either re-think player number, or maybe the weapon and ammo placement, + the super items.

5. What's the idea of that end-room with the shock rifle and broken passage? Rocket jump?

For now, i think that's all.

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
Try rotating the sheets 180.......... Aready tried that.

The lava is still. Make it boilant. How can I get it to move like lava?
Too many super power-ups? What ones should be removed?
Re-think player number How? More or less?
What's the idea of that end-room with the shock rifle and broken passage? Rocket jump? Made for the jump boots.

[D.][.D]-[Solid]

Oct 3, 2003
Dunedin, New Zealand
ok, ill show you what wrong, its too hard to explan so ill draw something crap up in paint :| lol.

Error: this is whats happening, the shot (ie redemer) is still aiming too the right so it will love too the right when it goes through the warp zone.

Fix: this is what it should be like.....sorry but i sux at art lol... :eek:

Attachments

• error1.JPG
    error1.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 27
  • fix.JPG
    fix.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 19

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Master Roshi said:
Try rotating the sheets 180.......... Aready tried that.

The lava is still. Make it boilant. How can I get it to move like lava?
Too many super power-ups? What ones should be removed?
Re-think player number How? More or less?
What's the idea of that end-room with the shock rifle and broken passage? Rocket jump? Made for the jump boots.

... ok...
Lava: check the properties of the sheet. If i remember correctly, you'll problably have to use other lava texture though, as the one you have on can't do the effect. Search for the other lava texs and see wich one does the effect.

I'm typing from work, so i can't remember exactly wich ones [power-ups] you have there, but you must work them out in synchrony with weapons, ammo and respective placement/quantity. It'll depend on how do you want/think the map will flow. All in all, i definitly think you should REMOVE most of the super-items, or at very least try to move most of them to some hidden place or hard-to-reach-catwalk.

Again, depending on the flow you want (for player numbers). I guess less 2 (4) would be right, but the map seems too big for such a number. Adding more, as weapons/ammo/power-ups are now (+player starts), would be worse.
SO... i could suggest you solve the items part first, then check for how the map plays. (or post anoter beta here)

Right, the Jump Boots...

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
[D.][.D]-[Solid] I cannot read your maps please label pathways. North ; south ;east or west.

Looking at the map from the top:

West => East = Shockrifle room to fiirst warpzone.
South => North are warpzones from botton of the screen to the top of the screen.
And upper. And you know where that is.

Nahand
You could work a few features at the cavern walls What knod of features?

[D.][.D]-[Solid]

Oct 3, 2003
Dunedin, New Zealand
ok, when you go through the warp zone lets just say you are facing north befor you walk through it, when you come out of it you still have to be facing north or else if you shot a weapon through the warp zone and when it comes out its facing east it will try to turn to the north direction.

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
Warp zones are fixed. But I had to give the hallways a 90 degree turn so they work properly. But still looks nice.

About the detail. I have only been in caves about 3-4 times that i can remember. What kind of details would best suit this map. I am looking at images of caves hopeing that could help too.