|27th Jun 2003, 04:24 AM||#1|
[UT2003] attachment problems
I'm working on a race-based mod (5 different races),
where (of-course) each race will have different looking arms.
As you can guess, we don't want to make 10 different models for each weapon. (male&female for 5 races)
So we thought it would be better to make the 10 arm-models and then attach the weaponmodels.
what i want to know is:
1. has anyone already tried something like that? are there any problems with my approach?
2. is it possible to play the animations of two different meshes perfectly synchronized?
(the main part of the animations is done with the arms, but some weapons will have their own anims too)
3. i think i'll need a new class for the 1st-person weapon-attachments, but what should i use as parent? InventoryAttachment or Actor?
(thought of using Actor, since InventoryAttachment is used for 3rd-person attachments)
|27th Jun 2003, 08:30 AM||#2|
Well, i'm sure it is possible but it may require that you recode the whole weapons behavior to take care of such attachements.
The best exemple you can find is RavenShield. The way they did is very impressive :
- First they have an animation set for their hands. The hand model is setup according to the different weapons (with different animation groups).
- Then, they attach a static weapon model without clips, triggers and so on.
- Finally you find another animation set with the guns animated parts (triggers and clips). Don't ask me how they match all that !
Give it a try, but i wish you luck !