NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games

Old 16th Oct 2001, 11:51 PM   #1
hal
Dictator

Will UC tempt you to buy an X-box?

This may be the only X-box game that I've seen that will interest me in an X-box.
Old 17th Oct 2001, 01:37 AM   #2
SyKoTiK

I feel exactly how you do. UC is the only game that looks appealing to me so far
SyKoTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2001, 01:43 AM   #3
alien8
Run, you magnificent bastard.

Yes. Somehow I most definitely have to figure out a way to get myself an X-Box.
alien8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2001, 02:01 AM   #4
Boogey
Talvin Singh fanboy

Weeearll, HALO isn't looking too shabby either imho (just saw the new shots on VE), but apart from that I agree - UC is by far the biggest seller for the XBOX atm. (a poll from VE only put it on 3rd tho).

But in the long run I think UT/U2/UW will fulfill my fragging needs, so I think I'll skip this console completely. Unless I some day stumble across a dirt cheap XBOX/UC combo package at the local supermarket, like I did with my N64/Super mario.
Boogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2001, 04:08 AM   #5
Tetris L
Smartass

All I've seen and heard about UC by now seems *very* nice. Frankly UC appeals more to me than U2.

For me it all depends on how long it will take until MS launch the online multiplayer service for the Xbox. I don't play games that don't have multiplayer. And for sure I don't buy a console that doesn't have multiplayer. I won't buy an Xbox for only UC. I'll only buy an Xbox when both Halo and UC have full multiplayer capability.
Old 17th Oct 2001, 04:23 AM   #6
hal
Dictator

I've heard mention that UC will not be available until Microsoft rolls out it's Online ability. I know the preview box isn't on any of the X-box displays I've been seeing.

BTW-played the new X-box Munch's Oddyssee tonight. That may be another that I'll have to get. Extremely smooth and beautiful. It's pretty awesome when you see some insanely cool looking buildings in the distance and think "It's just a static backdrop", only to eventually walk right up to it.
Old 17th Oct 2001, 06:12 AM   #7
Tetris L
Smartass

Quote:
Originally posted by hal
I've heard mention that UC will not be available until Microsoft rolls out it's Online ability.
Heard the same. That's what DE officially stated. They know botmatches get boring quickly.

Halo will ship without and hopefully be upgraded with multiplayer capability later when the online service is availabale. I'm not sure if it's an advantage or a disadvantage that Xbox titles can be patched.
Old 17th Oct 2001, 06:14 AM   #8
Sparky
Retired Administrator

I think I'm gonna pass on the whole X-Box thing... although I'm tempted I really don't see the point in paying for the console in order to get enjoyment out of one game.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2001, 08:25 AM   #9
Boogey
Talvin Singh fanboy

Quote:
Originally posted by -The-Tetris-L-
All I've seen and heard about UC by now seems *very* nice. Frankly UC appeals more to me than U2.
Even considering the "comunity" (or lack hereof) which comes with it?
Boogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2001, 06:22 AM   #10
Snipeo
Happy lil Camper

bleh, consoles: only good for three things, driving games, sports titles and platformers. Tony Hawks rawks on the PSX, and I do enjoy a bit of FIFA every now and again. I played Quake on the PSX and it sucked, you cant play an FPS without a mouse/keyboard combo. Garn Turismo on teh PS2 is sheer driving heaven and there's nout for fun when you come in drunk than playing FIFA wit your mates

<Underscore> Your grasp of world politics impresses me, snipe - someday I aspire to be as acutely aware of ongoing events as you
Snipeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2001, 03:40 PM   #11
Buscemi
Lost and cannot be found

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by -The-Tetris-L-

Heard the same. That's what DE officially stated. They know botmatches get boring quickly.

Halo will ship without and hopefully be upgraded with multiplayer capability later when the online service is availabale. I'm not sure if it's an advantage or a disadvantage that Xbox titles can be patched.
Considering that Halo on the Xbox has no bots in MULTIPLAYER it could become a big dissapointment.

Now something aboutt UC: It's looks great actually. I thought that it would become a cheap UT/U2 ripoff but it looks like it's gonna be another classic in the Unreal series...
Old 19th Oct 2001, 01:24 PM   #12
IntRed

Quote:
System link capability – Invite your friends over and Link up multiple Xbox™ video game systems for the ultimate LAN party!

well thats pretty cool
Old 20th Oct 2001, 04:46 AM   #13
RaptoR
been here far too long

I'll probably buy it if it looks like more than just Unreal2 with a few more features. But if I decide to bite the bullet and buy an Xbox, it won't be just for UC.
Old 21st Oct 2001, 01:07 AM   #14
Dominator_dread
Adept

Hmmm.
With a $499 or more price tag (budled), I don't think i'm going to be buying an X-box very soon. How much will it cost for a console and controller?
UC is very tempting to get though. However, i like shooters on PC's, not consoles. PC's just have a more natural feel, unless a mouse and keyboards solution comes out for teh X-box. I know the PS2 has a keyboard and mouse combo.
Old 21st Oct 2001, 09:00 AM   #15
hal
Dictator

With built in USB support, I think a mouse and keyboard would be an essential option.
Old 21st Oct 2001, 11:41 PM   #16
Karma 13
Licensed to Bore into Submission

Quote:
Originally posted by hal
With built in USB support, I think a mouse and keyboard would be an essential option.
Last I heard, there was NO USB support. Could have changed since i'm not following the whole console wars thing, though. If you can have some sort of mouse set up, it might just make X-Box FPS' worthwhile, though I have doubts. Yeah, UC looks pretty sweet, but not enough to buy another console for. I think it really sucks that it will be an "exclusive". After all, online community has made the Unreal series what it is now. Oh well....
Old 22nd Oct 2001, 12:26 AM   #17
hal
Dictator

Yeah, I really wish it were going to be available for the PC too. I would just be really surprised if Infogrames squeezed it in between U2 and UW. I believe that it would cut into the sales of the other two.

It looks like a lot of work and thought have gone into the title, and even if it just winds up being UT1.5 I'd like to see it. Heck, it looks like they've already done more than many companies would do in a bona fide sequel *cough* Eidos *cough*.

The USB info I got was from Planet X-box... take it for what it's worth.
Old 3rd Nov 2001, 10:06 AM   #18
tool
BuFs #1 mom

im buying a Xbox anyways so yes I will DIFFENTLY buy this game, and I am a Unreal fan, so its my duty to do it.
tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2001, 02:56 PM   #19
2COOL4-U

I am going to buy an XBOX for UC, no doubt about it
Old 3rd Nov 2001, 02:57 PM   #20
2COOL4-U

btw I'll also buy it for Munch Oddesey, Dead Or Alive 3, HALO and all the other great games that are being developped for the XBOX