News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Original Unreal Tournament

View Poll Results: how many teams should there be?
1 team,because im too stupid to understand CTF 0 0%
2 teams,classic CTF is so nice... 4 25.00%
3 teams,that wasn't relly done before 3 18.75%
4 teams,we don't have enought good 4 way CTF mods 3 18.75%
5 teams works well 0 0%
6 teams is enough,7-8 teams would cause too much lag 0 0%
7 teams,i don't know why though... 1 6.25%
8 teams,FOR GODS SAKE!!! THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT A 8-WAY CTF MOD!!!!!!!! 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th Sep 2001, 02:31 PM   #1
Cryognosis
might never have a icon
 
Join Date: Aug. 2nd, 2001
Posts: 928
8 team CTF

i've just thought about this idea:

8 team CTF!

now lets see...

32 players 8 teams... = 4 per team...

damn... guess thats not much of a good idea...

maybe if there was a mutator used to give more bots... that would be

15 bots 8 teams = 120 bots

damnit....

too many bots...

hmmm...

10 8 = 80 bots...

better!

think that is too much teams?
Cryognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 02:59 PM   #2
Raden
lol
 
Raden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 10th, 2000
Posts: 7,575
First, voting on your own poll = ghey.

Second, four teams is MORE than chaotic. As you can guess four is definitely enough.

Besides, UT only HAS four colours? Hellllloooo?
Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 03:15 PM   #3
Cryognosis
might never have a icon
 
Join Date: Aug. 2nd, 2001
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemephosis
First, voting on your own poll = ghey.

Second, four teams is MORE than chaotic. As you can guess four is definitely enough.

Besides, UT only HAS four colours? Hellllloooo?
first... who would you know i voted for my own poll?

not relly...

i was thinking that perhaps it would be possible to make a more teams with it,think about it,nearly everything else is/was possible in UT...
Cryognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 04:05 PM   #4
Raden
lol
 
Raden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 10th, 2000
Posts: 7,575
Well there was only one vote, and surprise, it was for 8 teams. I used logic.

And seeing as how you went on in your original post about 8 teams, it only stands to reason that the 8-team vote is yours.

Well, it seems like a good idea but think of the poor people with lower-end systems (like I used to have!) They'd never be able to cope.....

Now if you could choose the number of teams (eg. 2-8) THEN it would be interesting. That way you could do 4-way CTF, Classic (although mot really any point, hehe) or 8-team carnage for those with the beefy system. That would be a good idea...... and I'd go for it.
Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 04:15 PM   #5
Cryognosis
might never have a icon
 
Join Date: Aug. 2nd, 2001
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemephosis
Well there was only one vote, and surprise, it was for 8 teams. I used logic.

And seeing as how you went on in your original post about 8 teams, it only stands to reason that the 8-team vote is yours.

Well, it seems like a good idea but think of the poor people with lower-end systems (like I used to have!) They'd never be able to cope.....

Now if you could choose the number of teams (eg. 2-8) THEN it would be interesting. That way you could do 4-way CTF, Classic (although mot really any point, hehe) or 8-team carnage for those with the beefy system. That would be a good idea...... and I'd go for it.
hmmm...good point...but...uhhh...was there any views?
someone might have agreed with me!

your right...i never thought about the low end systems because my computer can handle quite a few bots before lagging then freezing

of course it will have the ability to set for less then 8 teams! it would be stupid not to

there should be several other options,kind of like how the other multi-ctf mods have them...
Cryognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 04:18 PM   #6
Raden
lol
 
Raden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 10th, 2000
Posts: 7,575
Well, if it's gonna be better than Multi-CTF (CTFM) then it better have everything that has and more.

Better ask the creator of it if you can rip off the ideas
Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 04:31 PM   #7
Cryognosis
might never have a icon
 
Join Date: Aug. 2nd, 2001
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemephosis
Well, if it's gonna be better than Multi-CTF (CTFM) then it better have everything that has and more.

Better ask the creator of it if you can rip off the ideas
hmmm...we need someone to script,someone to make maps,and someone to think of the ideas (i guess ill do,but some other people to give out some neat ideas would be nice)
Cryognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 05:35 PM   #8
pine
Official Photography Thread Appreciator
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 29th, 2001
Location: IRL
Posts: 6,143
It would't work. Besides people have gotten so used to two team CTF that they wouldn't play it. Furthermore, how many games do you usually play that have more than two teams? It isn't widely known in any aspects of American games.

Three team CTF - two teams would gang up on the third.

Four teams - two teams on each side would gang up creating two big teams again.

anything more is too many frickin teams. It'd be confounding to build a map for it to say the least. Besides, nobody can think about that many factors at once.
__________________
One great big festering neon distraction
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied
Learn to swim!

Clan pdX
pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 05:46 PM   #9
Cryognosis
might never have a icon
 
Join Date: Aug. 2nd, 2001
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally posted by Pineconeboy
It would't work. Besides people have gotten so used to two team CTF that they wouldn't play it. Furthermore, how many games do you usually play that have more than two teams? It isn't widely known in any aspects of American games.

Three team CTF - two teams would gang up on the third.

Four teams - two teams on each side would gang up creating two big teams again.

anything more is too many frickin teams. It'd be confounding to build a map for it to say the least. Besides, nobody can think about that many factors at once.
you think everyone would gang bang on one/two teams,don't you?!

in domination they don't do that crap,so why start with a 8 way CTF?!
Cryognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 06:55 PM   #10
Big giB
Keep out of reach of children.
 
Big giB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 28th, 2000
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 913
oOooh, that would be chaotic Just tjhe way I like it! Can u imagine a face with 8 freakin bridges? U have any idea how soaked with blood the center would be? lol, not to mention maintenence costs. ANyway, How about we choose the team colours ;D

Team 5: Black
Team 6: White
7: Purple
8: Orange

Now that would be wierd ;D
__________________


-Big_giB
Big giB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 06:59 PM   #11
Cryognosis
might never have a icon
 
Join Date: Aug. 2nd, 2001
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally posted by Big giB
oOooh, that would be chaotic Just tjhe way I like it! Can u imagine a face with 8 freakin bridges? U have any idea how soaked with blood the center would be? lol, not to mention maintenence costs. ANyway, How about we choose the team colours ;D

Team 5: Black
Team 6: White
7: Purple
8: Orange

Now that would be wierd ;D
lol

i already had that planned out

1.red
2.yellow
3.green
4.cyan
5.blue
6.purple
7.white
8.black

note that this is not in any real order...
Cryognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 07:04 PM   #12
NeoNite
La douce souffrance...
 
NeoNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 10th, 2000
Posts: 18,743
No, the 8th team should have a poop sign on their uniform.
So, black skins, with a white tag, and centered in it a Poop.
__________________

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
-Ode to Spot, by Data
NeoNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 07:24 PM   #13
Cryognosis
might never have a icon
 
Join Date: Aug. 2nd, 2001
Posts: 928
team symbols

1-red-default
2-blue-default
3-yellow-default
4-green-default
5-purple-unkown
6-teal-unkown
7-black-unkown
8-white-unkown

Last edited by Cryognosis; 29th Sep 2001 at 12:10 PM.
Cryognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 07:25 PM   #14
Raden
lol
 
Raden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 10th, 2000
Posts: 7,575
OK It was a good idea but you killed any possible interest with adding 14 teams.

And nice to see your comment "i hate gay people."

I hate people who hate people for no really good reason.
Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 07:39 PM   #15
Cryognosis
might never have a icon
 
Join Date: Aug. 2nd, 2001
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemephosis
OK It was a good idea but you killed any possible interest with adding 14 teams.

And nice to see your comment "i hate gay people."

I hate people who hate people for no really good reason.
1.ok,i'll remove the 14 team idea... it was kind of stupid... too much teams...

2.i have reasons, here is just a few...
1.they are sick minded
2.it's pointless to **** someone your own gender anyways! nothing comes out of it except for some sick minded pleasure!
3.gay people are very disturbing,and not just because they are gay
Cryognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 07:43 PM   #16
Raden
lol
 
Raden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 10th, 2000
Posts: 7,575
I'm sorry I ever replied to this.
Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2001, 07:46 PM   #17
Cryognosis
might never have a icon
 
Join Date: Aug. 2nd, 2001
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemephosis
I'm sorry I ever replied to this.
thats all your going to post?

if you have nothing to say at all besides "I'm sorry I ever replied to this." then don't post at all,in fact,if you don't like this thread then unsubscribe!
Cryognosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2001, 01:11 AM   #18
Raden
lol
 
Raden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 10th, 2000
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Lord


thats all your going to post?

if you have nothing to say at all besides "I'm sorry I ever replied to this." then don't post at all,in fact,if you don't like this thread then unsubscribe!
Um. I'll post what I like, thanks.

The reason I said that, as if I need to explain myself, is because of your little gay-bash. Having an opinion is fine fut that's downright ignorant and decidedly anti-gay. That does not swing well here.

The terms of service dictate that you will not post any hateful messages and all this other negative stuff I can't be bothered to go read right now.

I don't care how you think about gays, or any other types of people, but if that's what you're gonna post, keep it to yourself. Thanks.

[edit] You see, contrary to what people might think, you do not have freedom of speech here, so don't even start about that. This site is privately run. Therefore any rules can be made at whim with or without notice. Free speech is not something we have here.[/edit]
Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2001, 01:42 AM   #19
Metakill
Inhumane
 
Metakill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 18th, 2000
Location: Redwood City, CA USA
Posts: 2,430
Ice Lord sounds a little repressed maybe. Its usually the biggest closet cases that have these mental problems.

You say gays are sick minded, but for what reason? Homosexuality exists in all mammal species, not just people. The primary purpose for sexuality in human beings is pleasure not reproduction anyway. Gay people are doing the world a huge favor by not reproducing in a world that has been grossly overpopulated by us. In any case, I hope you don't reproduce, passing on your culture of irrational fear and hatred to children who deserve better.

In any case, leave your prejudices on the doorstep when you come to PUF.
Metakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2001, 01:47 AM   #20
Raden
lol
 
Raden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 10th, 2000
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally posted by Metakill

Homosexuality exists in all mammal species, not just people. The primary purpose for sexuality in human beings is pleasure not reproduction anyway.
I remember hearing something like that..... I think it was on TLC (The Learning Channel, 34 in Canada) and dolphins do it for just that reason. Offspring is just the result of such naughty activities.

[spelling it out for those that may use that as a form of attack]

I mean when done between a male and female, and you know it....

[/spelling it out for those that may use that as a form of attack]
Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer