Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 3rd Nov 2000, 02:18 PM   #1
HollowPoint
TBuildT mapper

That bots are using grenades! Great!

LOL! This the first time that bots are really killing me!
Only one problem....
When they throw a 'nade' i can't get away in time because i have set the playerspeed to 10%..so i'm always death when they are using the grenades..
Any solutions?

---Mess with the Best...Die like the Rest---
HollowPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2000, 02:32 PM   #2
Warren
Infiltration Project Coordinator

Try 30% on the playerspeed and 90% on the game speed- still has the realistic feel IMO.
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2000, 03:04 PM   #3
HollowPoint
TBuildT mapper

Ok thx!

-

---Mess with the Best...Die like the Rest---
HollowPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2000, 03:41 PM   #4
Serial Killer
Masterful

yes, it's really nice that they use them (the grenades) but i think they use them "a bit" too often. Some hours ago i played Flagstaff and they threw grenades at me all the time. And very often they killed their teammembers by doing so. I have to say that i liked them better before. They just didn't kill themselves that often...

Live and let die!
BTW, I also read the roadmap!! (Many times!)
Serial Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2000, 03:44 PM   #5
Keiichi
Old Timer

I was sniping from a second story window on DM-CubanDawn when a grenade came flying through the window and exploded right behind me. My dead body went flying out the window and landed in a tree. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Keiichi

http://www.geocities.com/morisato_81/
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2000, 05:23 PM   #6
Lord_Bunker

i see them through them almost straight up and kill them selves, this happens alont in flagstaff. do they think about how high or low the ceiling is when they throw grenades?
I also had one sneak up on mel and knife me in the back while i was sniping.

Lord Bunker
Ruler of The Bunkvanian Empire
"You can't shoot what you can't find"
Lord_Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2000, 06:03 PM   #7
the real pacman
Gwen's my hoe

The bot support is great!

Sometimes I feel like you want me to fail...

Pacman@planetunreal.com
the real pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2000, 06:03 PM   #8
MrLaggy

Yeah, it's certainly an improvement, but now they often seem to run around with grenades in their hands, then when they see a bot on the other team they spend so long deciding which weapon to use, switching between (say) AKM, knife and grenade, going prone and standing up, that the other bot just walks up and shoots them in the head. I was just playing a CTF game where I got killed with five bots left on my team and two on the other, yet my team still lost because they couldn't make up their minds which weapon to use (maybe it's just CTF, because they seemed OK in the team deathmatch games).

Still, it is quite amusing to watch from a distance as two bots fight it out, one kills the other with a gun only to go flying into the air as the grenade the second threw before they died explodes at their feet!
MrLaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2000, 07:23 PM   #9
sandorski

Hehe, yup, the bots are now 'nade whores! Most of my deaths are from 'nades after I've killed the thrower. I've also been killed by the sneakup with knife tactic, took me a couple seconds to realize why I died. The bots are really good, but many of them I could probably walk right up to in knife them in the face, due to their aforementioned indecision.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2000, 08:11 PM   #10
Goat Fucker
No Future!

I think the bot AI is greatly improved, but all thouse grenades going off left and right eats my poor 32 megs of ram, damn id like to ban thouse pesky ram munching ┬┤nades from the game!

HEAD SLAYER GOAT of the Black Hand BMA tribe.
Goat Fucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2000, 08:59 PM   #11
Hannibal

gripe

I love how the bots are effectively using grenades now, but in close quarters, while under fire, or near doors, bots tend to throw grenades into walls accidentally, often wiping out their entire team. Also, they don't react at all when a grenade lands next to them, at least they should run away as fast as possible and maybe go prone.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2000, 12:51 AM   #12

Umm...

I loved it the first time I saw that 'nade floating in my direction but as I said in another post it's just downright annoying after a little while. My suggestion is to limit them to only 1 grenade in their loadout and cut their chance of using it in half. Of course this is only a suggestion but they're too easy for me to kill now! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

1973 is offline   Reply With Quote