News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Original Unreal Tournament

Old 20th Sep 2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

ChaosUT Bastard Sword Bug

When I'm using the bastard sword, I notice that when I put up my block and then press the primary fire to swing while the block is up, it will swing and the block state is active even when I'm not doing anything at all until I use the block button again.

Does anyone have some type of fix for this?

BTW this is with the latest ChaosUT version. (1.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.intosanctuary.com/index.php?topic=2.0
It doesn't matter if you like music. It doesn't matter if you like demolitions. It doesn't matter if you like games. Doesn't matter if you like sports or swearing or drugs or even pirating. This forum has what you need.
Arnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 12:35 PM   #2
WHIPperSNAPper

I don't think too many people play that mod. I've never seen it used online. As far as I know it's been almost universally rejected, at least by people who play it in online multiplayer (which is how UT is meant to be played).
Old 20th Sep 2010, 12:40 PM   #3
Kraag

I can ask about it, but it'll be several weeks or even a month or two before I get you an answer.
Kraag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Has anyone even experienced this bug besides me?

Quote:
It doesn't matter if you like music. It doesn't matter if you like demolitions. It doesn't matter if you like games. Doesn't matter if you like sports or swearing or drugs or even pirating. This forum has what you need.

Last edited by Arnox; 20th Sep 2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 20th Sep 2010, 01:42 PM   #5
NeoNite
La douce souffrance...

It seems to occur, every now and then.

Edit: Nah seriously, just fired up ChaosUT 1.1 and everything seemed fine.

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
-Ode to Spot, by Data

Last edited by NeoNite; 20th Sep 2010 at 02:07 PM.
NeoNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 01:52 PM   #6
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNite View Post
It seems to occur, every now and then.

Nope. Happens every time you hold the block button and press primary fire. It's a horrible exploit that takes all the fun out of chopping up bots. :\

Quote:
Old 21st Sep 2010, 01:14 PM   #7
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNite View Post
Nah seriously, just fired up ChaosUT 1.1 and everything seemed fine.
What? Why does it always work for me? Are you sure you did it correctly? Just hold down the block button and press the primary fire while it's up and then take some hits with the other bots bastard sword or something blockable. If the projectile/sword gets blocked most of the time while you're not doing anything and taking the hits FROM THE FRONT, I might add, then you did it right. The bastard sword won't block attacks from the back of course.

Quote:

Last edited by Arnox; 21st Sep 2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 29th Jan 2011, 12:23 AM   #8
Hermskii
www.Hermskii.com

Suddenly...

Suddenly...I'm interested in this question based on the banner in my signature. I have not had this issue but I will look into it further and I have the several of the original makers of Chaos in my back pocket too! Go to my Chaos server and see if it happens there too please and let me know. We'll drill down to the bottom of this!

~Peace~
Hermskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2011, 02:23 AM   #9
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermskii View Post
Suddenly...I'm interested in this question based on the banner in my signature. I have not had this issue but I will look into it further and I have the several of the original makers of Chaos in my back pocket too! Go to my Chaos server and see if it happens there too please and let me know. We'll drill down to the bottom of this!

~Peace~
Yep, it seems to be on your server as well. I enacted the glitch every time I got my hands on a sword during a quick play on your server and when I saw a bot I held the primary fire. It still blocked some bullets. It also blocked a sword attack. I can't really say for sure though because it's hard to sometimes find the sword (if it's even on the current map) and, even more difficult, to find a bot with a weapon that the sword can actually block.

You can find this out better than I can by far though. Just start a quick Sword Arena in Morbias with a bot and enact the glitch I've talked about above. If it works, that sucks. If it doesn't, hooray for you. Bad for me. All I know is that it works every time for me on my game.

Quote:

Last edited by Arnox; 29th Jan 2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 29th Jan 2011, 03:12 AM   #10
Hermskii
www.Hermskii.com

Should have....

I should have joined you earlier when I saw you on the server. I knew you were testing but I was busy updating a Chaos server I have for UT2004 at the time.

I'll do 2 things here. I'll test it myself per your suggestionand I'll take it to a Chaos founder and see what they have to say about it as well. Give me some time but I'll be back with some kind of answer I hope. I trust you felt the server ran well as a whole? Any suggestions?
Old 20th Sep 2010, 11:17 PM   #11
ZeaLitY
Modernaire

Was ChaosUT the mod that had RocketArena in it? I remember playing it years ago after getting the GotY edition that packaged ChaosUT with it. RocketArena seemed like a cool concept; wonder if anyone's still playing.
Old 21st Sep 2010, 11:07 AM   #12
GreatEmerald
Khnumhotep

RocketArena is in GOTY, and ChaosUT is in GOTY, but ChaosUT is not RocketArena.
GreatEmerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2011, 07:55 PM   #13
Waffnuffly
>:E

Balance? Author doesn't like the minigun? Could have been overpowered due to the layout?

I haven't played the map so I don't know, but I can think of a lot of reasons to not use a specific gun in a multiplayer map that aren't just sheer laziness.
Waffnuffly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2011, 08:05 PM   #14
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffnuffly View Post
Balance? Author doesn't like the minigun? Could have been overpowered due to the layout?

I haven't played the map so I don't know, but I can think of a lot of reasons to not use a specific gun in a multiplayer map that aren't just sheer laziness.
Who said it was laziness? Maybe he simply forgot. Who knows?

Quote:
Old 29th Jan 2011, 08:12 PM   #15
Hermskii
www.Hermskii.com

Back on topic...LOL

Getting back on topic for a sec here folks, the Relics are back. I was forcing the wrong HUD with the Chaos Mod. OK, so everything you mentioned so far has been fixed except the sword. I have not shut down the server yet and tested per your suggestion so no, I don't have an answer yet about the sword. It may take several days too. I don't know yet. I will be searching the Chaos forum too which is here:

http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/

You may want to get ahead of me on this since I'm about to go take care of my kids and I'll be a few hours. If you like also, I could password the server and set it up for testing. Let me know.

Back off topic: About the map missing the minigun: I say it is up to the mapper since I'm just glad there are mappers in the first place. Maybe they hate that gun too or something. Who knows. Can you contact the guy and ask him? Is his email in the readme?
Old 29th Jan 2011, 08:26 PM   #16
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Quote:
Getting back on topic for a sec here folks, the Relics are back. I was forcing the wrong HUD with the Chaos Mod. OK, so everything you mentioned so far has been fixed except the sword. I have not shut down the server yet and tested per your suggestion so no, I don't have an answer yet about the sword. It may take several days too. I don't know yet. I will be searching the Chaos forum too which is here:

http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/

You may want to get ahead of me on this since I'm about to go take care of my kids and I'll be a few hours. If you like also, I could password the server and set it up for testing. Let me know.

Back off topic: About the map missing the minigun: I say it is up to the mapper since I'm just glad there are mappers in the first place. Maybe they hate that gun too or something. Who knows. Can you contact the guy and ask him? Is his email in the readme?
There was no readme. I got it here: http://uz2.ut-files.com/

And if you could password the server and set it up, I could totally test it out for you real quick.

Quote:
Old 29th Jan 2011, 08:45 PM   #17
Hermskii
www.Hermskii.com

Grapple

Yeah! This version of the grapple is a total blast and killing people with it is fun too! I keep forgetting to tell people about it! Well, so, here it is: The Grapple Hook on this server looks like your translocator. It shoots real fast and basically does not have a distance limit as long as you can see what you are shooting. It kills people if you shoot them and it does it SLOWLY! You can grab a rifle, change to your grapple hook. Shoot the sky or ceiling, grapple all the way up to the top of the map, change weapons to the rifle (you will not fall) and start sniping! Hardly anyone will ever notice that you're there. I'll be basically done with the kids in about an hour or maybe a little bit longer but as long as nobody is on the server, I'll shut it down, set it up per your test needs and PM you the password on this forum. We'll connect and test.
Old 29th Jan 2011, 10:56 PM   #18
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

I have tested it out and it works on your server just as well. Sorry.

Time to take a trip to the Chaotic forums. :\

Quote:
Old 29th Jan 2011, 11:20 PM   #19
Hermskii
www.Hermskii.com

Well...

Well, I glad I got to try to help in testing mode. I'm unclear about what you are expecting actually. You have a sword and it is always up anless you are attacking. They have a sword and they are going to attack. Even while I had my sword in block mode, the bots could kill me. Are you saying that if you hold the block button and attack at the same time that you stay in block mode and can't die unless you click your alternate fire button again thus disabling your perfect block mode?
Old 30th Jan 2011, 12:46 AM   #20
Arnox
UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Quote:
Are you saying that if you hold the block button and attack at the same time that you stay in block mode and can't die unless you click your alternate fire button again thus disabling your perfect block mode?
Yes.

Quote: