has announced Hueca, the fourth installment of The Ball modification for Unreal Tournament 3. A release has been targeted for just a little over a week from today.
In addition, ModDB is running a preview special
for this blockbuster mod.
Those of you who have been following the progress of The Ball will no doubt be excited by the announcement alone, but for those of you who have yet to take the plunge, I offer you these details and images:
Hueca takes place in a gigantic cavern with three large pyramids. Inside each pyramid are a whole bunch of puzzles and enemies. The player will travel over the desert using a large ancient vehicle that uses the Ball as its powersource.
- Solve the pyramids in any order and freely roam the desert.
- The introduction of a vehicle to roam the desert with and to protect yourself from its inhabitants!
- Three new enemies: A giant bomb dropping bird, a cannonfodder beetle, and a big sandworm that guards every pyramid.
- Introduction of ball modifications. The ball will acts as a local low gravity field or as flashlight in certain specific areas of Hueca. This functionality will be greatly extended in Part 5.
- The introduction of a brand new environment theme. While used only in the indoor sections in Hueca, this new metal industrial style will take over from the old one entirely in Part 5.
- A new Survival level and further improvements done to the gametype in general.
- A range of changes including new voice acting, more parts of the menu replaced, and last but not least a stats system.