News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Forum Archive > Mod Squad > I Need Help!

Old 16th Sep 2008, 09:03 PM   #1
fallenstarr

help! mutate w/ custom exec functions

I'm trying to make a mutator that would allow admin's to enter custom commands in the console and have them executed through mutate. I have the following working now:

- Mutate checks for admin and allows execution of mutator functions
- Write to custom config file

Ok, i know that isn't much but i'm just starting

I have my mutator class MutMine and within that file I have the mutate function calls the custom function in the same class depending on the command string.

As a simple test for the execs to work without having to type mutate, i have a function called ShowName that just prints the sender's player name. Then the exec command is CallMyCommand which then calls Mutate with the command string ( in this case: ShowName ). The CallMyCommand exec is in MineInteraction which extends Interaction.

When I type "Mutate CallMyCommand ShowName". I get the proper result, my player name is printed on the screen.
When I try just using "CallMyCommand ShowName" without mutate, nothing happens and I get the dreaded "Unrecognized Command" message.

I'm adding my own interaction for the exec commands (AddInteraction), I tried extending PlayerController, and using my own CheatManager. I just can't get the exec commands to work.

I thought this might have to do with replication, and I've tried a few things that I found in forums/tutorials with no luck

I've used AddMutator and I'm using PreBeginPlay and Tick

Can anyone help me out here? Any info or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated

Last edited by fallenstarr; 24th Oct 2009 at 08:06 AM.
fallenstarr is offline   Reply With Quote