NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th Apr 2008, 01:01 AM   #1
Munchables
Flying Nuns!!!
 
Munchables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 31st, 2008
Location: All good supermarkets near you
Posts: 64
Talking GTAIV thread anyone?

Isn't anyone here hyped for it!? Or even preordered for it......?
Munchables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 01:06 AM   #2
Angel_Mapper
Goooooooats
 
Angel_Mapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 17th, 2001
Location: Cape Suzette
Posts: 3,527
I really don't get the point of preordering these days. But yes, I'm excited about it.
Angel_Mapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 01:15 AM   #3
Latent Image
Bring the rain!
 
Latent Image's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 3rd, 2001
Location: Zer0's Anus
Posts: 2,298
I preorded UT3 CE

Yeah it looks ok, I want to play assassins creed!
__________________
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied -- chains us all, irrevocably."
Latent Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 01:20 AM   #4
Larkin
Gone
 
Larkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 4th, 2006
Posts: 1,984
I swear we had a GTAIV thread about a month ago. I can't seem to find it though. Anyway...

To answer your question, no I'm not looking forward to it. Maybe I am the only one but driving games bore me these days. Drive here, drive there, blah. Storyline is stupid, characters seem fake and almost all the missions annoy me in way or another. I have to admit I bought all the others even those story ones(vice/liberty) and well I am personally sick of it. Its all seen it, done it. I will probably rent it though. Graphics actually look like crap, btw. I'm not a graphic guy but still those shots I saw look last gen.

Last edited by Larkin; 16th Apr 2008 at 01:21 AM.
Larkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 01:16 AM   #5
dragonfliet
I write stuffs
 
dragonfliet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 24th, 2006
Posts: 3,717
I refuse to preorder. EBGames seems to hate people who want to buy videogames, but Target doesn't and will be stocked nicely. I'm pretty excited. I've always enjoyed the GTA games since 2 and this one actually looks good to boot.

~Jason
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Prophet View Post

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 11:39 AM   #6
Kantham
Fool.
 
Kantham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 17th, 2004
Posts: 18,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfliet View Post
I refuse to preorder. EBGames seems to hate people who want to buy videogames...

Since EBGames is GameStop, yes, pre-ordering with them was a pain. They didn't charge me the Anthology w/ UT3 CE, but I had to pay extra fee for the shipping as always. Thus making it a total of $80+ can. Screw this, just go to the store and buy it there. Pre-ordering is just silly with GameStop/EBGames.

Not to mention that their service is really poor, they pretty much don't know what to tell to their customers via E-mail and on their site. Too bad the threads got lost in the crash, because I'd be linking a few of them.
__________________
Kantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 01:17 AM   #7
Big-Al
amateur de bière
 
Big-Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 14th, 2003
Location: Under a black flag.
Posts: 8,189
..i'll be hyped by the time the pc version is available...till then, i've got other stuff to play.
__________________


I drink moosepiss
Big-Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 01:34 AM   #8
dotnetbeast
I hate Fez.
 
dotnetbeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 14th, 2006
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 5,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Al View Post
..i'll be hyped by the time the pc version is available...till then, i've got other stuff to play.
QFT
__________________
Hands down got the best flow / Sound I'm so special / Sound boy burial
This my Wayne Perry flow
Y'all know nothing about Wayne Perry though / District of Columbia / Guns on your Tumblrs
dotnetbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 01:41 AM   #9
Munchables
Flying Nuns!!!
 
Munchables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 31st, 2008
Location: All good supermarkets near you
Posts: 64
hmmmm, looks like no one has seen the latest updates in the game.
( just off the top of my head)

-Rockstar will make around $400 million within a week of release
-There is so much detail in this game..... it's unbelievable e.g walking down a street in the city, people will be doing people things like smoking, cleaning windows, drinking coffee etc.
-YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PHONE, you recieve messages or (sms messages from other players online, or when in single player; calls and text messages from character, you choose the positive or negative response to them, making them like you more or less affecting the game. You can even get RINGTONES for your phone.... RINGTONES!!!!!
-You can get mugged if you're on the streets, and you could call an ambulance or police car to help you, ( you can even prank call them and steal take their police cabs.)
-You can take public transport e.g taxi's, trains to get to places ALOT faster.
-Theres a new cover and blind firing combat system
- Online up to 16 players, with plenty of game modes that are super fun. (also racing online if you're into that)
- very realistic car controlling

I don't know if people around here know this stuff, just felt like posting it cos im a bit too excited XD
Munchables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 07:44 AM   #10
MonsOlympus
Registered User
 
MonsOlympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 27th, 2004
Posts: 2,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchables View Post
- Online up to 16 players, with plenty of game modes that are super fun. (also racing online if you're into that)
WTF, these have got to be rumours. Or is that just gamemodes which are included not coop.

Oh and some people just prefer to play on PC, is that so crazy to understand. I dont think so but hey!
MonsOlympus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2008, 12:33 PM   #11
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!
 
Capt.Toilet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 16th, 2004
Location: Ottawa, KS
Posts: 5,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsOlympus View Post
WTF, these have got to be rumours. Or is that just gamemodes which are included not coop.
Not rumors. Check out IGN as they have a full fledged article on the various modes that can be played. Either way this game is going to be sick

Also someone finally had the balls to post some gameplay footage which can be found here
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...ame_videogames
__________________
Capt.Toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 03:32 AM   #12
Slainchild
Gold Member
 
Slainchild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 3rd, 2004
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 3,516
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=176077

__________________
Level Designer at Digital Extremes | Flickr
Slainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 05:07 AM   #13
B
Bee
 
B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 6th, 2000
Location: Bussum, NL
Posts: 8,975
Hyping a game before release only leads to disapointment.
So no I'm not hyped. Besides the PC release is at least a year away.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 06:39 AM   #14
Munchables
Flying Nuns!!!
 
Munchables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 31st, 2008
Location: All good supermarkets near you
Posts: 64
Why do people want the PC version so bad? It's true that there are NO LOADING times in the 360 and PS3 versions. Well maybe because of mods, but there might be some on xbox live or whatever PS3 uses.
Munchables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 08:31 AM   #15
B
Bee
 
B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 6th, 2000
Location: Bussum, NL
Posts: 8,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchables View Post
Why do people want the PC version so bad? It's true that there are NO LOADING times in the 360 and PS3 versions. Well maybe because of mods, but there might be some on xbox live or whatever PS3 uses.
Because I don't have a console and I like to use the pc I build a couple of months ago.
__________________
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 09:10 AM   #16
Nines
With Rage Alive
 
Nines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct. 12th, 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,159
I've preordered it. I'm also not the least bit hyped up about it, which will make it even better.
__________________
Nines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2008, 07:42 AM   #17
B
Bee
 
B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 6th, 2000
Location: Bussum, NL
Posts: 8,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Because I don't have a console and I like to use the pc I build a couple of months ago.
Scrap that! I'm getting it on release day for the PS3 (I finally bought a PS3 last tuesday!)
__________________
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 07:09 AM   #18
Slainchild
Gold Member
 
Slainchild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 3rd, 2004
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 3,516
Um...

Because they don't have a console.
Because it will probably run smoother on PC.
Because of mouse control.
Because of modding.
Because most PC gamers are whiny bitches.
__________________
Level Designer at Digital Extremes | Flickr
Slainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2008, 11:19 AM   #19
Vers Vlees
Oohhh a custom title
 
Vers Vlees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 30th, 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc View Post
Um...

Because they don't have a console.
Because it will probably run smoother on PC.
Because of mouse control.
Because of modding.
Because most PC gamers are whiny bitches.
I dont know if it will run smoother on the PC? It's still going to be a console port after all. Besides we PC geezers have to wait a year anyway.

ah well atleast This is Vegas can entertain us for a while until GTAIV.
__________________
Im going to teach people that you get rich from giving and sharing
Speeding trap in the Netherlands
500 million euro on fines per year. The things were a small nation can be great in
Vers Vlees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2008, 10:19 AM   #20
Twisted Metal
Anfractuous Aluminum
 
Twisted Metal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 28th, 2001
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,120
I'm more hyped for Mafia 2, because that game actually has a story.
Twisted Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
games, gta iv

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer