Darkdrium / Darkdrium / 628 / NA
PeterVenkman/ PeterVenkman / 658 / NA
Juggalo Kyle / LoLIsh / 465 / NA
SleepyHe4d / SleepyHead / 885 / NA
daloonie / daloonie / 493 / EU
Bazzwano / bazzwano / 797 / SEA
toniglandyl / toniglandyl / 512 / EU
[VaLkyR]Anubis / Anubis / 820 / EU

PM me or drop it in the thread to get yours listed here.

1- Name
2- Code (You can find it when clicking friends)
3- Region (NA, Euro, ETC)

Last edited by Kantham; 29th Nov 2010 at 05:25 PM.
Kantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 02:15 AM   #2
SleepyHe4d
fap fap fap

ZOMG ZEEEEEEEEERRRRRRG RUSH!!!11

They added a load of vids.

IGN video player sucks crap nuggets.

Last edited by SleepyHe4d; 12th May 2010 at 04:37 PM.
SleepyHe4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 03:47 AM   #3
LedZep
k last title kinda gay :p

purty
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." - The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
LedZep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 09:04 AM   #4
TWD
Cute and Cuddly

The thing I find interesting about what I've seen so far is how intense it all seems to be. The speed seems to be the same as the first StarCraft, but there's so much more going on. there's tons of abilities and tactics that you have look out for, and battles appear to be much larger. A lot of units on screen at any time compared to past blizzard games. It's a lot to keep track of at once. We'll all have to become fast mouse clickers to keep up with this one.
Old 12th Mar 2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Shadow
Has Balls Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
The thing I find interesting about what I've seen so far is how intense it all seems to be. The speed seems to be the same as the first StarCraft, but there's so much more going on. there's tons of abilities and tactics that you have look out for, and battles appear to be much larger. A lot of units on screen at any time compared to past blizzard games. It's a lot to keep track of at once. We'll all have to become fast mouse clickers to keep up with this one.
If your not used to that then I suggest you practice on Warcraft 3 for a while. Has Blizzard said any release yet?
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2008, 07:39 PM   #6
-Jes-
Shreddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
A lot of units on screen at any time compared to past blizzard games.
Always a plus. I mean, fer the love of Hal's serious cat, Dune 2 had more activity on-screeen compared to SC1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZep View Post
the thing is im sure they did a lot to the interface to reduce the mouse clickage that was notorious for SC1 (can you say 12 unit max selection?)

-SNIP- (click the quote link if you want to read the rest, for fudges sake!)
Which can only be commented on by anyone who has played OTHER RTS'es as:
FINALLY!

Hell if "good news" like that tidbit about the game keeps on rolling in, it might just be a mere percentage worth it's hype!

Anyway, This'll give my old man something to chew on while he awaits the C&C3 xp.
Not really sure if he'll bite, though as he pretty much rated SC1 as his lowest rts experience so far. (don't make me put up his rts-played list)
He's begun to be... picky... these later years.

Last edited by -Jes-; 16th Mar 2008 at 07:40 PM.
-Jes- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 08:09 PM   #7
LedZep

the thing is im sure they did a lot to the interface to reduce the mouse clickage that was notorious for SC1 (can you say 12 unit max selection?)

also did you see? when he selected three of those huge terran siege robot things, giving them the command to bombard three different areas just included clicking in those areas (and probably like a shift key), there will definitely be shortcuts and things that make the game less clickfesty than the original (which is what made the original suck imho )
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." - The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
Old 12th Mar 2008, 12:59 AM   #8
T2A`
I'm dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZep View Post

also did you see? when he selected three of those huge terran siege robot things, giving them the command to bombard three different areas just included clicking in those areas (and probably like a shift key), there will definitely be shortcuts and things that make the game less clickfesty than the original (which is what made the original suck imho )
It'll never become less clickfesty; that's why it's popular. If it suddenly required less actions per minute the Koreans would forsake it immediately!

Controlling lots of units + less clicking + queuing up commands shift = Supreme Commander. SC will always have tons of clicking.
T2A` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2008, 01:34 AM   #9
Fuzzle
spam noob

I don't think there is much point in comparing SC and.. SC.. man, I only just realised starcraft and supcom have the same abbreviation.. anyway.. I feel supcom sets itself apart to such a degree that it's not fair to pick one "instead" of the other.

I enjoy supcom far more than cnc3 and whatnot, but I'm still looking forward to sc2 and will probably pick it up on release. I <3 zerg and cant wait to spam 3d zerglings.

It will be interesting to see if Blizzard can meet expectations on such a big release, being a followup on one of the most popular games in history. I'm pretty sure that even if they make the perfect rts with pristine balance on a flawless engine, you're gonna have people crying it doesn't "feel" like the old one.

Edit: And speaking of zerg, I was looking at this pic (taken from here, in my defense) earlier and thinking if they put some incisors at the end of those feet and spiderlegs at the base, it'd make a sweet new unit.

Last edited by Fuzzle; 12th Mar 2008 at 01:42 AM.
Fuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2008, 08:29 PM   #10
thewalkingman
ssssssssssss bugger!

Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?

Only IPv6 enabled browsers can see my posts
thewalkingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 06:07 PM   #11
thewalkingman
ssssssssssss bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalkingman View Post
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?

Only IPv6 enabled browsers can see my posts
thewalkingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2008, 02:38 AM   #12
T2A`
I'm dead.

SupCom's abbreviation was never SC. SC's too big to try and use the same one.

I'm not comparing them; they're way too different. If you want a clickfest rock-paper-scissors RTS, you go SC. If not, look into SupCom.

I'd say SC2 is a rather risky game to make. In the end, it's all about sales rather than how many people end up playing. The game's hype is ridiculous, so I'm sure it'll sell just fine.
Old 12th Mar 2008, 03:03 PM   #13
Hadmar
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2A` View Post
If you want a clickfest rock-paper-scissors RTS, you go SC.
I think RTMM - Real Time Micro Management works better.
Old 12th Mar 2008, 04:30 AM   #14
LedZep

yeah i think i was wrong using the word clickfest, what i ment was that you would be able to get more stuff done (like deeper and larger scale stuff, such as special skills and moving larger groups of units) with less clickage.

And dude, if they're coming out with an SC2 after that long and it's already looking good on video, and they gonna take their time perfecting it, it's gonna be good no matter what even if fanboys bitch about it. I am definitely looking forward.

Donno much about supcom, i tried it out but it's kinda gay imho it gets repetitive REALLY fast. cnc3 is not that bad i think, it's just a dumbed down version of starcraft in many ways although it does have some cool new features like the whole power economy thing
Old 12th Mar 2008, 08:20 AM   #15
Steyr
I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!

There is one thing about this game that will make it worth it, even if every other aspect of gameplay sucks.

LOOK AT ALL TEH ZERGLINGS!!!!!111!!!one!one!eleven!one!!!

I am a big zerg fan, and the idea of 3 billion zerglings on the field all at once is like my wet dream.
Old 12th Mar 2008, 10:18 AM   #16
Kantham
Fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
I am a big zerg fan, and the idea of 3 billion zerglings on the field all at once is like my wet dream.
But does it have a cube of meat?
Old 12th Mar 2008, 11:36 PM   #17
Steyr
I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantham View Post
But does it have a cube of meat?
Damnit, you just ruined the game for me. Now all I'll be able to think of when I get it is that it would be better with giant meat cubes.
Old 12th Mar 2008, 11:57 PM   #18
Jordan L

Jordan L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2008, 04:12 PM   #19
T2A`
I'm dead.

I hope to God there's no unit select limit. I hate being able to only select 12 or so units at once. If any game wants me to throw it in the trash, all it's got to do is not allow me to select as many units as I want. I'm no RTS pr0, and such a limit makes it exceedingly difficult to play with just the mouse, which is what I like to do in RTS. I can't be bothered with all this grouping nonsense just to move 30 units across the map. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadmar View Post
I think RTMM - Real Time Micro Management works better.
I don't disagree, but at the time SC was as strategic as it got. Just because games have come out since that focus more on the strategy and less on the micro doesn't mean the whole genre can be reclassified.
Old 12th Mar 2008, 04:19 PM   #20
Hadmar
Queen Bitch of the Universe

I don't classify it as that because newer games are less OMG CLICK CLICK CLICK FAAAAAASTish (and I yet have to play SubCom) but because even back then strategy just didn't seem right.

Tags
/b/attle.net, diablo 3 > sc2, everyones mad as hell, game, hero?, i never played on a lan i dont care, i suck at real time strategy... fck this, mass the spam drivers!, no ipx/spx = no buy, no lan = no buy, omg it's full of nerds, overrated, sc2 is awesome stop complaining about lan, star suck ][ - chicken of lullaby, starcraft 2, virgins itt, will now suck, win, win or lose: what matters is how you play!