PlanetJailbreak
top_profile.gif top_register.gif top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif top_logout.gif

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Jailbreak > General > Jailbreak General

Old 9th Feb 2008, 10:38 AM   #1
tarquin
design is flawed

Arrow The recruitment thread

Quote:
Are you a hip young coder, experienced in UnrealScript and Unreal-related projects? Do you enjoy mods centred around prison-related gameplay? Would you like to join an established development team, a talented mix of professionals and amateurs, who have already produced several award-winning projects? (We occasionally meet up for beer and water fights too.)

In short, would you like to help us create the next generation of Jailbreak?

We're an friendly group of coders, mappers, designers, llamas, and whatever comedy animal I once said does the news. If you think you can help us make Jailbreak for Unreal Tournament 3, then drop us a line.
Whether you're already a regular on this forum or completely new to Jailbreak, post here if you're interested in working on UT3JB.

Let us know what you've worked on before, and what your level of experience is. We're primarily looking for coders at the moment.

(We appreciate all the hard work mappers do (and keep the ideas coming for maps, execution sequences, etc), but we need to make the core mod first before mapping can really get going.)
tarquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2008, 06:28 PM   #2
DannyMeister
UT3 Jailbreak Coder

Still interested in a hand? I know Wormbo is pretty much a one man show (He's been a hero of mine ever since UT's Who Pushed Me mutator ) but maybe there is something I can help out with.

I'm a programmer by trade, using about any modern language out there, but my very limited unrealscript experience has mainly been with the original UT. Jailbreak was my favorite mod out there and I'd love to help see this one get done.
DannyMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2008, 07:28 AM   #3
h34dcr4sh
JB Mapper

More Mappers?

Hi,

do you need more mappers?
I'm Interested to build (cool) maps for JailBreak(UT3).

I've attached a Picture from my current DM-map ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00013.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	96445  
h34dcr4sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Wormbo

Of course we're still interested. There's not much work for coders at the moment, since we haven't set up our code repository yet. Of course you can already join the team to familiarize yourself with what is being worked on and what is planned.

Mappers are always welcome. We already have a basic version of the Jailbreak code with release switches, arena fights and executions (no special execution view, yet), so you can already create and test maps. Feel free to join #jailbreak (or #utjb) on irc.enterthegame.com for real-time discussion.
<TNSe> nono
<TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
<Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
<Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
Wormbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 03:16 PM   #5
MephistonX

Hey i was directed here by jay - aka - The_Head - as im in the process of getting some concept art made for him for a future jb level - just thought i'd say hi etc...

my portfolio is here its a bit broken atm but theres some stuff on there

anywho if your intrested im happy to help with any visual concepts etc..

cheers
MephistonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2008, 12:24 AM   #6
Nereid
・ ω ・

I can help out with some coding if you still want
Old 16th Jan 2009, 12:32 AM   #7
aliam
manun

Hi,UT3JB Crew
I am a common mapper and know JB and concept when play JB in UT2004.
if you want, can work with your team.
Link for my latest Work:
http://utunlimited.wordpress.com/map...nest-by-manun/

Last edited by aliam; 16th Jan 2009 at 11:32 AM.
aliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2009, 10:22 PM   #8
Alhanalem
Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

Looking pretty nice
You will want to get in touch with Wormbo to be given access to the development section of the forums. I don't have a moderator-stick For now, you won't be able to place jailbreak-specific actors until that time, but don't let that stop you from building jails into a map in the meantime. Here are some things to consider for jailbreak maps:
-Though CTF maps often work well in jailbreak, keep in mind that while an easily defended base usually means stalemates in CTF; hard-to-defend bases in jailbreak usually mean the same thing. In a nutshell: Jailbreak's release switches should be reasonably defensible.
-This is just my personal preference and not really a rule, but I highly reccomend jails be centerally located in the map. This thrusts released players right back into the action, without resulting in what I refer to as "base swapping syndrome" where you end up with the enemy team in their base spamming their switch and vice versa. Jails need to be a reasonable distance away from the switch.

^click here to visit my dragons^ Canya put some bonus points in me drinkin' skill?
http://savage2.s2games.com
^ This is a really unique game, get it.

Last edited by Alhanalem; 16th Jan 2009 at 10:23 PM.
Alhanalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2009, 03:33 PM   #9
G.Lecter
Registered Tester

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTahngarth View Post
In a nutshell: Jailbreak's release switches should be reasonably defensible.
It depends on the map and the game style you're looking for, but I think we shouldn't be playing many stalemates with UT3's stronger weapons. In fact, I'm afraid of JB becoming too much of a LMS game in UT3 if maps are too (or just a little) camper-friendly... Anyway, this is one of those philosophycal problems with no solution: whatever you do, you will not make everyone happy!

Tetrobot and Co: | The Companion Key! |
Portal 2: | Custom Maps |
Toki Tori: | Custom Maps |

Spanish Localizations: | Killing Floor |
G.Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2009, 02:36 AM   #10
Wormbo

Moderator stick isn't large enough for this. This always needs admin powers.
<TNSe> nono
<TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
<Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
<Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
Wormbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2009, 10:50 AM   #11
DannyMeister
UT3 Jailbreak Coder

Glad to have you aboard, aliam!
Old 17th Jan 2009, 04:42 PM   #12
Alhanalem
Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

Heh, well I meant to say (think JB-Crusher) that if the switch is too easy to reach, the game will never end.

^click here to visit my dragons^ Canya put some bonus points in me drinkin' skill?
http://savage2.s2games.com
^ This is a really unique game, get it.
Alhanalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2009, 05:49 AM   #13
PsyXandeR

Hey guys! Are you still interested in mappers? I would like to contribute something to this mod. I have small JB left from UT99, I could possibly use that one. My work examples are here. Let me know if you are interested, I'm doing my best to get into UT3 mapping. Cheers.
Old 19th Jan 2009, 07:44 AM   #14
The_Head
JB Mapper

Yeh we need mappers

Some nice looking stuff there Aalex
[21:14] <The_Head> i feel dirty
[21:14] <RevBillyG> O_o
[21:14] <The_Head> *shudders at the thought*
[21:14] <RevBillyG> its fine as long as you clean up afterwards
The_Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2009, 07:27 AM   #15
Fishbox
Industry Noob

Hi guys..

Are you still looking for mappers? I need some mod experience with UT3 and would love to help out (signed up as soon as I saw this post - only just had chance to reply).

I'm a University student (graduate this year) and would love something like this on my CV - I've plenty of free time and would follow a professional process.

I'd most likely work with existing meshes but havge maya experience, so am capable of creating centrepieces there.

Link to a map I made in UT3 (no custom meshes): http://www.flickr.com/photos/fishbox...7603784247322/
Fishbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2009, 01:03 AM   #16
DannyMeister
UT3 Jailbreak Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbox View Post
Hi guys..

Are you still looking for mappers? I need some mod experience with UT3 and would love to help out (signed up as soon as I saw this post - only just had chance to reply).

I'm a University student (graduate this year) and would love something like this on my CV - I've plenty of free time and would follow a professional process.

I'd most likely work with existing meshes but havge maya experience, so am capable of creating centrepieces there.

Link to a map I made in UT3 (no custom meshes): http://www.flickr.com/photos/fishbox...7603784247322/
We love mappers!
Old 4th Feb 2009, 05:13 AM   #17
Fishbox
Industry Noob

Good to hear it!

If you guys are interested, PM me with some details.

Fishbox
Fishbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 06:16 PM   #18
Nakur

Any use for a scripting LD?

Hey, I recently graduated from the Guildhall and am currently pursuing a job in the games industry. In the mean time, I need something to keep me busy, so I thought I'd check out the mod scene and see if I could put my skills to use. I mainly consider myself a scripter, but I can do anything required from beginning to end of the level development process.

Feel free to check out my work and resume at www.danielpetway.com and lemme know if there's something I can do to help out. My professional email is in my portfolio but I check my personal email more often, NakurTheOdd@gmail.com.

Thanks for your time and good luck on the mod!
Nakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 11:58 PM   #19
DannyMeister
UT3 Jailbreak Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakur View Post
Hey, I recently graduated from the Guildhall and am currently pursuing a job in the games industry. In the mean time, I need something to keep me busy, so I thought I'd check out the mod scene and see if I could put my skills to use. I mainly consider myself a scripter, but I can do anything required from beginning to end of the level development process.

Feel free to check out my work and resume at www.danielpetway.com and lemme know if there's something I can do to help out. My professional email is in my portfolio but I check my personal email more often, NakurTheOdd@gmail.com.

Thanks for your time and good luck on the mod!
Thanks for getting in touch with us. Check your email
Old 27th Jul 2009, 03:36 AM   #20
[H3D]Pendragon
Teammember on UT3JB

Hello, if anyone here has played on a Hedsteem server, than I am sure you've played my maps. I actually didn't realize that UT3 Jailbreak was done, and so I was making it in DM by simply using Kismet to enable and disable spawn points in my maps.

I would love to help, I have amateur UT3 coding skills, though I am an expert coder in many other languages, I am still new to UT3. I can also make maps for you guys, that we know I am good at.

Additionally I can offer you guys a server to run Jailbreak on on behalf of Hedsteem, but the conditions of which we'd need to discuss more.

If you still want help making maps, that would probebly be what I would be best at. I could also easily convert any one of my / our 160 maps we've made at hedsteem into jail break maps.

Some of our maps include:
  • VCTF-H3D-ActionCity
  • VCTF-H3D-Beaver_Beach
  • VCTF-H3D-BorderCrossing
  • VCTF-H3D-Bred
  • VCTF-H3D-Caddy_Shack
  • VCTF-H3D-Caddy_Shack-1031
  • VCTF-H3D-Caddy_Shack_msu
  • VCTF-H3D-Chamber_of_Heros
  • VCTF-H3D-ChristmasMorning
  • VCTF-H3D-ChristmasTown
  • VCTF-H3D-FestiveRidge