NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2005, 07:14 PM   #1
Sn4tcH
Big Boss
 
Sn4tcH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 13th, 2004
Posts: 41
Americas Army, Unreal Question

So, I'm d/ling AA right now, and I noticed in the change log that it is now using UE 2.5. Now maybe this is stupid and been asked a billion times, but is 2K4 ever gonna use UE 2.5?

I hope so, it's looks purty. lol
Sn4tcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 07:49 PM   #2
T2A`
I'm dead.
 
Join Date: Jan. 10th, 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 8,769
No, that's never been asked before. Congrats. I thought 2.5 was the Xbox version of the engine...

How, pray tell, are they supposed to magically transfer the game from one engine to the next? And really, what's the point? Unreal 2 uses an earlier build of the engine than the one UT2004 uses and it looks better.
T2A` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 07:53 PM   #3
fireball
Reach out and torch someone
 
Join Date: Jan. 26th, 2004
Location: Right behind you, failing to aim properly
Posts: 1,753
I think the XBox version is 2.X or something. 2.5 *is* UT2004 (and Unreal 2? forget); Unreal 2 looks better because it had a far superior (and far slower) particle engine.
__________________
<{DE}JaGo> Fireball > all
<{DE}JaGo> kthx
fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 08:34 PM   #4
JohnDoe641
Killer Fools Pro
 
JohnDoe641's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 8th, 2000
Location: N.J.
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball
I think the XBox version is 2.X or something. 2.5 *is* UT2004.
This is correct.

xBox = 2x Engine.

2k4 = 2.5 Engine.
__________________

Ci.ctf pdX.tdm
JohnDoe641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 08:41 PM   #5
Sn4tcH
Big Boss
 
Sn4tcH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 13th, 2004
Posts: 41
Quote:
How, pray tell, are they supposed to magically transfer the game from one engine to the next? And really, what's the point? Unreal 2 uses an earlier build of the engine than the one UT2004 uses and it looks better.
Well i dunno, ask the guys who made Americas Army, they're switching engines...

So why are they making a big deal out of switching to 2.5?

Last edited by Sn4tcH; 16th May 2005 at 09:20 PM.
Sn4tcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 08:09 PM   #6
DaBeatard
Mr.How
 
DaBeatard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 20th, 2002
Posts: 1,264
T2A, there really was no reason for you reply with such a wise-ass post. The guy asked a question, no harm done. If maybe you (and he) did a search beforehand, you might have realized that UT2K4 is based in the Unreal 2.5 engine.
__________________
DaBeatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 09:13 PM   #7
NegativeTrend
Mr. T Says, "Que?"
 
NegativeTrend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 10th, 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeatard
T2A, there really was no reason for you reply with such a wise-ass post. The guy asked a question, no harm done. If maybe you (and he) did a search beforehand, you might have realized that UT2K4 is based in the Unreal 2.5 engine.
That would have taken away from his fun pro flaming attitude though.
__________________
NegativeTrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 09:05 PM   #8
Angel_Mapper
Goooooooats
 
Angel_Mapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 17th, 2001
Location: Cape Suzette
Posts: 3,529
They're switching to UE3, not 2.5.

http://www.gamershell.com/news/21993.html
Angel_Mapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 09:19 PM   #9
Sn4tcH
Big Boss
 
Sn4tcH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 13th, 2004
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Mapper
They're switching to UE3, not 2.5.
More Features
Updated Game Engine:
The entire America's Army game is now running on an updated version of the Unreal Engine - Unreal Engine 2.5. This updated engine code base provides several enhancements to the game engine in several areas including efficiency (optimizations), security, stability, bug fixes, new gameplay feature infrastructure, etc.


This is from 2.4s changlist. I knew they plan on going to UE3, I was talking about the new version that came out today.
Sn4tcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 12:24 AM   #10
Angel_Mapper
Goooooooats
 
Angel_Mapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 17th, 2001
Location: Cape Suzette
Posts: 3,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn4tcH
More Features
Updated Game Engine:
The entire America's Army game is now running on an updated version of the Unreal Engine - Unreal Engine 2.5. This updated engine code base provides several enhancements to the game engine in several areas including efficiency (optimizations), security, stability, bug fixes, new gameplay feature infrastructure, etc.


This is from 2.4s changlist. I knew they plan on going to UE3, I was talking about the new version that came out today.
Ah. That's not such a big deal then.
Angel_Mapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 09:24 PM   #11
hal
Dictator
 
hal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 24th, 1998
Location: ------->
Posts: 21,382
I didn't take t2a's comments as flaming at all. It appears that he was confirming that the question had, in fact, never been asked.
__________________
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 09:42 PM   #12
Sn4tcH
Big Boss
 
Sn4tcH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 13th, 2004
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal
I didn't take t2a's comments as flaming at all. It appears that he was confirming that the question had, in fact, never been asked.
Yeah! Me too! lol, what's all the hostility.
Sn4tcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 10:25 PM   #13
m&ms
Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
 
m&ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 13th, 2003
Location: in a bag....duh
Posts: 1,179
They're making a big deal out of it because previously the game ran on the 2k3 engine, UE2. (I'm pretty sure)
m&ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 12:15 AM   #14
Sn4tcH
Big Boss
 
Sn4tcH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 13th, 2004
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by m&ms
They're making a big deal out of it because previously the game ran on the 2k3 engine, UE2. (I'm pretty sure)
Ah! I see now. Sometimes I forget 2K3 even existed. XD

So, yeah, I can see now why they made a big deal. Too bad that can't make on 2.X, now that is beautiful...

And I can't wait till UE3... mmmm....
Sn4tcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer