News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > UnWheel > General

Old 12th Oct 2004, 09:02 PM   #1
UncleSlam

Issues playing regular ut2k4

I installed UnWheel with the .ut4mod thing, and when i go to play regular ut2k4 it gives me some BS like my files aren't valid or something... any clue?
UncleSlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2004, 12:24 AM   #2
Ravu al Hemio
Comes, fixes, leaves.

One clue: as far as I know, UnWheel is not distributed through UT4MOD files. I guess you just downloaded a fake that fu-... destroyed your files instead of helping.

I suggest reinstalling UT2004... but if you give me the content of the "BS" (I guess it's an error message), I might give you more specific and less drastic help.

Check out my wiki profile page for information about my UnWheel Big Air Timed mod and a way of porting UT2003 announcers into UT2004.
I have also written a tutorial on making announcer voice packages for Jailbreak.
Ravu al Hemio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2004, 01:31 AM   #3
ProjectX
Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravu al Hemio
One clue: as far as I know, UnWheel is not distributed through UT4MOD files. I guess you just downloaded a fake that fu-... destroyed your files instead of helping.

I suggest reinstalling UT2004... but if you give me the content of the "BS" (I guess it's an error message), I might give you more specific and less drastic help.
Yeah we've never distributed a .Ut4Mod. Could you point us to the download site? After re-installing I'd suggest getting the .exe or .zip versions from our site (you might need an extra file with the .zip: carribean.utx which can be found by searching on this forum)
ProjectX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2004, 03:41 AM   #4
Shrimp
Seafood splatter

Check the contents of your UT2004\Cache folder, and clear out the stuff that's in there (it's safe to just delete everything in there).

Some people report this with other mods too, it's a funny thing UT2004 is doing with cache files...
Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote