Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Troubleshooting

Old 2nd Dec 2003, 12:28 AM   #1
Neglous8

Mac 10.3.1 Help.

I have been waiting for 2.9 for a couple years like everyone else. I just installed it but it doesn't work. It doesn't even start. I got all the files needed the OSX version of UT, but everytime I start the launcher it says during the object load for UT engine "Class Actor Member Owner problem" script=48 C++=52" Only thing I can do is hit Ok, then it quits.

I have a Dual 2Gig G5 with 2 gig of RAM, ATI 9800 Pro (OEM) graphics card. Running OS 10.3.1 (Panther)

UT itself works fine hadn't played it in a year or two, was playing a MOD to make it Marathon, that was fine.

Hope someone can help.
Neglous8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2003, 04:36 PM   #2
Nanodragon
I love you Lord Daftwager

Might be a stupid idea but maybe it's a permission problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neglous8
I have been waiting for 2.9 for a couple years like everyone else. I just installed it but it doesn't work. It doesn't even start. I got all the files needed the OSX version of UT, but everytime I start the launcher it says during the object load for UT engine "Class Actor Member Owner problem" script=48 C++=52" Only thing I can do is hit Ok, then it quits.

I have a Dual 2Gig G5 with 2 gig of RAM, ATI 9800 Pro (OEM) graphics card. Running OS 10.3.1 (Panther)

UT itself works fine hadn't played it in a year or two, was playing a MOD to make it Marathon, that was fine.

Hope someone can help.
Old 2nd Dec 2003, 05:34 PM   #3
Crowze
Bird Brain

Merged these threads, seeing as though it's the same problem. Sorry, but I'm not a mac man mesself.

Infiltration | Sentry Studios
Crowze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2003, 05:41 PM   #4
Tycho Maudd

Try reinstalling UT and applying the v436 patch in OS9, and NOT in classic. Then install INF 2.9 and the OSX version of UT.

Last edited by Tycho Maudd; 2nd Dec 2003 at 05:52 PM.
Tycho Maudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2003, 07:43 PM   #5
Neglous8

On my G5 it doesn't have OS 9 as a start up disk at all. It only has OS9 as a classic enviroment. I was really looking forward to INF after waiting for so long but honestly I don't know if all this is worth it.

I've tried updating permissions but it doesn't have any effect.

UT with Beta 3 app for OSX still works great though!
Neglous8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2003, 11:27 AM   #6
420Assassin

By installing everything, (UT, 436, UT X, and INF) in OS 9 and then switching to OS X I was able to get INF to launch.

To get INF to run on your G5 - find a Mac with a CD burner and OS 9, install all files as above, burn them to a CD and copy them to your OX X HD. That should be it, they fit nicely on two CD s if you place the INF Maps on one CD and the rest of the files (UT and INF combined files) on the other, you could also just copy the files over a network.

Hope this works for you.
420Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2003, 01:34 PM   #7
Tycho Maudd

Also, if you can get your hands on a Game of the Year edition of UT, you can install the entire thing under OSX with no problems.
Old 8th Dec 2003, 05:44 AM   #8
Turbojugend

I've got this obscure message: Assertion failed: RenDev [File: MacViewport.cpp] [Line: 547]

It says so at startup in both OS9 and OSX and promptly quits. Anybody got any idea as to what has gone wrong? I've got the GOTY version and I have a Powerbook G4 867 mhz.
Turbojugend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2003, 03:33 PM   #9
Tycho Maudd

That generally means either you are using the wrong set of ini files, are you using the correct launcher, or did you make any changes to the infiltrationX.ini file?
Old 9th Dec 2003, 10:35 AM   #10
420Assassin

I've noticed that sometimes when you launch the UT that INF is using you can get that error the next time you launch INF. I think the UT launcher can alter the some of INFs .ini files. Try reinstalling everything but use only the INF launcher, to play UT install a separate version. Hope this works for you.
420Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote