Are my FPS good

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ericagent007

Apr 27, 2000
Tucson
Visit site
I just bought a 500mhz celeron with 64mb of ram
a 16bit sound card and a voodoo3 2000

I have the graphics turned to high and the 3d sound turned off and am running it at a 800x600x16 resolution
Running in glide

I am getting an average of 35-42 fps in timedemo

Is this any good?
It jumps alot when I first get in the game then smooth out

------------------
Life is a game.
Play it well

Mr_Zombie

Apr 23, 2000
NorWaY
www.how.to
I have a k6-2 400, 128 mb ram and a GeFore ddr, and get 15-20 in Lava Giant :(

bullet2.gif

--21409076--
www.talk.to/oyvind
www.how.to/freesms

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
35 to 42? As an average? Pick one.. run it three times, what's the average of the averages? There's a BIG difference once in game between 35 and 42.

But yeah, those numbers look about right...

I had a few different CPU's with my V3 3000

1024x768 - high everything (estimating on the intro timedemo)

Celeron 400: 28FPS (30 in game)
Pentium3 450: 35FPS (38 in game)
Pentium3 450@504: 38FPS (I think) (42 in game)
Pentium3 650E: 46FPS (50+ in game)
Pentium3 728E: 46FPS <---- :( (but I'll try again just to make sure I'm not smokin something)

bullet2.gif

Map Reviewer for Capture

Ericagent007

Apr 27, 2000
Tucson
Visit site
Ill try that average thing

Another question
If money was not an issue what would get me the most performance increase

64mb more ram
or upgrade the cpu to a PIII 550

bullet2.gif

Life is a game.
Play it well

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Hrm.. if you're talking a P3-550E (Coppermine) - I'd say the processor. If you're talking about a P3-550 (Katmai) it'd be a tough call. You'd be better off overclocking your Celeron to 562 (75Mhz bus).

But that's money not an issue.

Drop $50 on the 64MB of RAM. You'll never regret it (JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET PC133 RAM).

bullet2.gif

Map Reviewer for Capture

Foxpaw

This Spot For Rent
I used to have 64MB of RAM... everytime I would pick up a new weapon and switch to it, it would chug for a second while it loaded the texture and the sounds for it. Now that I have 128MB it's much, much smoother. I think the RAM increase will far outweigh the benefit of another 50Mhz.

bullet2.gif

a.k.a. [CMi]El_Phantasmo

"Yeah! I'm down-drifting slowly
Going close enough to the sky
New world gone slay the devil
Can you show me a better way to die?"
-- El Phantasmo and the Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama/White Zombie

Kukuman

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT
Mar 27, 2000
Bothell, WA
I have:

AMD K6-2 450
Voodoo3 3500
64 MB RAM

With everything on medium, I get a very sad 25 fps in CityIntro...however in tight maps like Mojo][ I get 40+. In LavaGiant I get ~25. LavaGiant is HUGE so don't be surprised about bad FPS ratings there.

I briefly had another(very unstable) 64 MB chip in my computer, and UT loaded up twice as fast, and I generally got better FPS with less stuttering and low spikes. I know someone said a while ago that there was no difference between 64 MB and 128 MB in UT, HA! The more RAM you have the better off you are, it's a general rule.

bullet2.gif

Kukuman|PuF

"unreale tournamint would be a much bettar game if it WAS MORE LIKE QUAKE3 AND didant copy everything that QUAKE3 DID!" - Jeff K, "HE TELLS IT LIKE IT SI."

Which is approximate this website, and who are you from the types?

It is website for blood 2 clan, RENAGADE!!!1 is we the amazing experts at the fight with blood 2 on-line and can a blow of foot give to much donkey.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I have a(n):

Athlon 650
128MB RAM
Voodoo3 3500

I'd say, on a scale ranging from worst to best for a UT botmatch with 0 bots, this is a good system. The best system probably being an Pentium III 1G, 512MB of RAM (how does someone get that much?), and the upcoming Voodoo5 6000 (dr00l). On my system, I get an average of 45-50 fps on both Face and Lava Giant. I GOT UPTO 93 STARING AT THE GROUND IN LAVA GIANT! :) I'd say for each bot, the game drops about 1-3 fps. Not bad, considering the fact that I'll probably be getting another 64MB of RAM and the Voodoo5 6000.

bullet2.gif

The66thDopefish
a.k.a. The Dopefish
QuickICQ: 70291071

"What's the most dumbest creature in the universe? Why, of course, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. It's so stupid that it thinks if you can't see it, it can't see you. One way to avoid the BugBlatter Beast is to throw a towel over your head."

"So that's why when I talk to one person on IRC we dominate the conversation!"

"Rooster, you are a lava ****er. =)"

"Well, spank my *** and call me Jennifer Love Hewitt (please)!" =)

"A white man in Compton is like a priest in a brothel: he knows he shouldn't be there, and you damn well know he should get out soon!"

If money was not an issue what would get me the most performance increase 64mb more ram
or upgrade the cpu to a PIII 550
My vote would go to the CPU only because you don't mention overclocking your Celeron, which means it's running at its default 66Mhz bus speed. Memory is an extremely important thing, but in this case I'd go for the P3 for the full bus speed and other goodies...