RealAssault

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hert

Feb 26, 2000
Visit site
Yup that would be me. After i heard from Angelheart that his friend is too busy I got back to it and finished it.I optimized the bot support a great deal so bots now know how to finish the map :D

It would be great if some (or a lot) would test it and send me feedback on it ..if they found any bugs i caused or if the gameplay balances out well (I havent had a chance to test it in multiplayer yet)

Might be objectives are too hard or too easy...i did my best though :)

Its available at:
http://www.uclan.de/files/As-RealAssault/As-RealAssault.zip

anonymous_coward

Jan 18, 2002
games.planetorange.com
you can play the multiplayer team deathmatch version on the INF community maps server, along with a quite a few other community maps.

it plays quite well in team deathmatch, the layout of the maps calls for an assalt type behaviour from players anyway, although there are no mission objective, execpt wipe out the opponents :)

anon

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
what is different with this map... (and manor farm) from every other map i basicly see playing on servers?

i can get about 30fps average with my tnt2 on all over maps cept this one

realassault gives me<4 fps in most places!!

manor farm as well....
even though it didint use to on my
300mhz same 3d card win98

but now even on my 1ghz win2k (running at high priority) i get it slower performance!

DarkSniper

Do something other than design levels?
Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
What is the difference?
Real Assault---Level of detail, # of brushes, the fact that it is all one big zone and the occlusion time this causes, all the scripted stuff ( mortars), method of construction, number of polys, poly/node ratio, # of sounds, etc.

Manor Farm--Level of detail, # of brushes, # of polys especially when you are out front looking at a lot of the buildings, occlusion time, # of movers ( doors and breaking windows), # of sounds, etc.

All these things will effect the amount of FPS you get. Plus the settings you have your game on, high detail actors etc.

This still does'nt make these bad maps, in fact they are a couple of the nicest ones out there.