ok this one might be a toughy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
ok, as you might know my newest map is dm-lighthouse, a depiction of Boon Island lighthouse off of the coast of southern maine. So far i made the island, with water surrounding it(looks very cool) and the tower. now i need to make the house, the boat house the harbor and a boat anchored near the harbor. But, my question is, for the light tower i want a very large and very bright light that flashes on and off. i don't want it to "swivel" because this lighthouse doesn't do that in real life. if you need a picture to help out just ask and i'll get one.

thank you

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
If you just want the light to turn on and off periodically, then I'd say you might want to try an LT_Pulse type as your light. Thing is, though, that it seems to slide in intensity, instead of flipping on and off.

Alternately, I guess you could use a StochasticTrigger with all the randomness removed (i.e. MinRecheckTime=MaxRecheckTime and TriggerProbability=1.0), combined with a triggerlight.
I think you need to set the InitialState to AlwaysActive for the StochasticTrigger, and to AlwaysActive for the light.
I've just tried this, but haven't gotten it to work yet...
But I think that is the way to go.

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
trigger light

set initial state to trigger toggle /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
hey t101

hey t101, that first you were talking about sounds good acrually, because thats actually what i want it to do. but the thing is i don't have that type of light in my actor browser.
i have these.

charge light
distance light
overheat light
flashlight
queen teleport light
sightlight
spotlight
torch light
trigger light
trgger light
trigger rad light

could it be that i have unreal ed2?

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
Nope: the standard light has a property LightType (under lighting), that can be set to LT_Pulse.

However: the light does not stay off, it just goes on and off and on again continuously. I think you can set the period (LightPeriod).