Dark Sector Teaser Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
People have been wondering about that mysterious Digital Extremes game, Dark Sector, that has been on the back-burner for years. Well, apparently it's alive and well and the first official trailer has been released! The movie runs about 45 seconds and yes, it's actual in-game footage!

Download the DarkSector Teaser from BeyondUnreal (.mov 10.6 MB zipped)
Download the DarkSector Teaser from BeyondUnreal (.wmv 12.4 MB zipped)

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Graphically it looks like Deus Ex made with the Doom3 engine. Not a bad thing, hell it looks better than Doom3. And Half-Life.

I think this game will not be a MMORPG anymore though. Shame too, I was looking forward to it.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
From xbox-scene

Digital Extremes, the Canadian developer that's worked hand-in-hand with the Epic Games to create versions of Unreal and Unreal Championship on various systems, announced today the development of a new and original game designed specifically for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 2. It's called Dark Sector.

The trailer, we're told, is not CG, nor is it pre-rendered in any way. According to Digital Extremes, the footage shown here is entirely in-game engine. The new engine is built using potential specs from both future consoles, which are unofficially due sometime in late 2005 or early 2006.

Things that make you go hmmmm

Assymilator

No idea what to put here.
Feb 18, 2001
It's Not Atlanta, GA
Would be nice if I could see what exactly is going on. All I see is just shadows and shadows, and a few lights every now and then. IMO, if they're going to release a trailer, have it be something that shows off what the engine and game can really do, instead of just douse all the characters in shadows.