Anybody go back to 4.05 after 4.13?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UY

Preacher
Nov 24, 1999
Austin, Tx.
Visit site
Maybe Im just imagining things...but it seems like since I loaded 4.13 my online performance has gone down a bit. Maybe its just me...but I thought Id ask to see if anybody else had experienced that.

Is there any problems in going back to 4.05 that anybody knows of? Any info here would be appreciated.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
/me checks his watch waiting for XxBonesxX to reply to this. :)

bullet2.gif

|C|Rooster|PuF
Defenseman for |C|ondemned

UY

Preacher
Nov 24, 1999
Austin, Tx.
Visit site
Thanks Rooster. I'll contemplate that.

I seem to remember some bi-tchin about 4.13 when it 1st came out....but I dont remember what it was about.
Im trying to figure out why my game has fallen off lately...perhaps its just lack of playing time. Been to busy being interested in another fps action game...."the opposite sex" :)

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I just upgraded my comp. When I patched UT with 413, it wouldn't boot up completely. When I re-installed and patched it with 4.05, I had no problem and am playing again.

I never read the 413 threads because I was using it problem free at the time. Since 418 is soon out (with improved D3D) I'm sticking with 4.05.

bullet2.gif

Llamas spit and poo, and not in the humourous way that monkeys do. They're dirty dirty animals.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Morety - 413 kept your system from booting? That makes no sense at all as there's NOTHING in the UT folder that the system access when booting. It doesnt change any dll's that the OS uses.

I have a feeling it was coincidence.

bullet2.gif

|C|Rooster|PuF
Defenseman for |C|ondemned

spyder913

Bringer of FREE BEER
Feb 17, 2000
Seattle, WA, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>When I patched UT with 413, it wouldn't boot up completely. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
UT wouldn't boot, Rooster. (UT is the subject of the sentance, with boot being the verb =) sorry)

I use 413 and would never go back, just for the ability to a) play RA and b) see people on the scoreboard of tournament games.

bullet2.gif

[S1]spyder913

Play on my server, Free Beer from [S1] at UW -- <A HREF="unreal://free-beer.dyndns.org">unreal://free-beer.dyndns.org</A>

maxrevs

May 4, 2000
Mallow,Co.Cork,Ireland
Visit site
Nope , never had any probs with 413 either :) had more problems with different mods and stuff messing up the UT.ini file causing weapons prioritization to mess up , but no probs otherwise tho ;)

bullet2.gif

Bow down to no one, Bow down to None.