Can I get some testers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bremm

May 19, 2001
Visit site
This is the fourth map I have made, but the first that I felt was worthy of being released, I believe it is done but I would like to get some input some more experienced people. It has a little bit of a quake feel too it with some jumpers, and is appropriatly called "The Bouncing Zone. Feel free to message my Instant Messenger name (Aqualngs) or e-mail me (spyder954@hotmail.com) or simply post here with your impressions. Thanks for the help.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Let me start by saying I hate Q3 style maps so you know where I'm coming from.
This is very similar to one of the maps that shipped with the demo.
The textures....
imo use more variety. You've got one blah texture everywhere. You can certainly use something more interesting on the floor, some trim on the lower walls and then something else on the walls to give it a little more zest.
The kickers...
I found when jumping to and from the shock rifle area I'd loose health. Maybe decrease gravbity just a little bit. I'm not sure if that effects kickers height as well.
Weapons...
Mini gun rules this level. Loque with mini=dead me.
The main qualm I had was why do you need to put yourself on a limb to get the shock rifle. It's very dangerously placed and I got killed 5 times before I managed to get my hands on it.
Especially because I didn't find the shcok very useful here. The spaces are too open and if you're going to combo it leaves you open to somebody with the mini or hitscan as there are no places for cover.
I'd switch the shocks with the mini gun..as that is a more potent weapon in the areana.

Skybox...big black void? You can do better. Put in a super cool skybox or something. Adds to the experience:)

Bremm

May 19, 2001
Visit site
Thanks for the input, I did think of switching the shock and miniguns, originally I had a sniper rifle where the shock is but that led to a lot of death by my friends who get a kick out of camping; anyway the sniper rifle was removed for balance. I guess the shock is not the best replacement so I will switch the two. The textures were also different at one point but it was brought to my attention that with the number of long range battles involved they were a distraction and therefore were toned down. Again I may have over compensated. I am terrible at sky boxes but I guess I could give one a shot.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
Welcome to my realm Orestes :p
heya dude, nice to catch you around here to
what made you come here?

Bremm

May 19, 2001
Visit site
I've been hanging out on this site reading what people talk about for awhile, Started working making some maps and decided to start posting rather than just reading.