Geforce 2 MX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ridcully

Feb 10, 2001
Visit site
Help please.................
How do I make my Geforce 2 MX run UT in open GL. I only get options for 3dfx and D3D. 3dfx brings up an error and D3d is not woth bothering with. It ran super fast when I had a Voodoo 3.
Idiots guide please!

SDK_XS

Fruit-like
Feb 9, 2001
Visit site
Run "unreal tournament safe mode", then the menu comes up, choose "change your 3d video device" button, then make sure the "show all devices" radio box is checked, and select OpenGL from the list

Ridcully

Feb 10, 2001
Visit site
DOH! OK working now...

Great openGL now working. 70 fps 1280x1024 32bit.
I notice on Unreal tech page there is a new file "Open GLDrv.dll" Do I need this or is it the same version in the latest patch? If I do do I just overwrite the existing in the system folder?
Thanks

Crager

Ahh...just a player here
Apr 30, 2000
NY
www.teamimmortal.org
Re: DOH! OK working now...

Originally posted by Ridcully
I notice on Unreal tech page there is a new file "Open GLDrv.dll" Do I need this or is it the same version in the latest patch? If I do do I just overwrite the existing in the system folder?
Thanks

That dll is to see the effects of the high res textures from the 2nd cd. Copy the one you have now. Than replace yours with the new one. You have to make changes to your unrealtournament ini file.

Remove the lines under
[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
and add these:

Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
RefreshRate=60
UseTrilinear=False
UseS3TC=1