How can I take the Darkwalker out of the middle on Containment?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal4Eva

BioHazard!
May 19, 2009
I've been wondering about how to get the Darkwalker out of that room in the center on Containment, this applies to the 360 version. I don't know if this applies to the PS3 or PC version.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I could swear I've been on a server and saw the DW walking around outside its cage. There could have been cheating taking place, but are you certain its otherwise impossible to get it out of there?

PeterVenkman

May 12, 2008
Southern California
I may be wrong, but if memory serves correct you actually play containment two times during the single player campaign and the "story" is supposed to explain why the darkwalker is out.

The first time you play the map, the darkwalker technology hasn't been discovered yet (it's the first time you see the darkwalker) and it is stuck inside the middle thing. The second time you play the map though, its during the Necris assault and it can walk around outside the middle thingy. I think I remember it to be this way.