slight annoying thing...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
LPBs!!!! :mad:

joke... ;)

i recently upgraded my core system upto an XP2600 (333mhz)with a MSi KT4V-L (MS-6712) along with 512mb of Corsair DDR PC2700 (333mhz).
with this upgrade i seem to have found UT2k3 has gained annoyances rather than more speed (only about a 20/30fps increase on some maps). it now Stutters when connecting to servers, quite badly. about 3 or 4 times after spawning then turning around.
is this a common problem? easily fixable?

or did i choose a crappy motherboard? :(

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
you certainly could have done better....but still! Are you turning up your details too high or something???

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
you think that is annoying try the minigun! It's the gun for n00b sodomizers! I think maybe we should add my mutator to the Web that replaces it with the flamethrower :p

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
sorry... should of put the other bits in as well. :)

XP home SP1.
Geforce4 TI-4800 (leadtek) with 43.51 and 44.01 drivers. at 8x..
SBLive (possible SB/Via PCI timing/latency conflict MkII?)
only detail i changed from my orginal ut2k3 setup is Triplebuffering... i think.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
you think that is annoying try the minigun! It's the gun for n00b sodomizers! I think maybe we should add my mutator to the Web that replaces it with the flamethrower :p

So that was you on ReconGamer saying all that?

Brizz, the answer to the Mini is the Shield, just pull it up and plow through or run for cover.

It absorbs the mini shots and renders it practically useless.

Dead_Hood

The Seventh Sign
Apr 24, 2001
123 Fake Street
Sounds to me like you aren't running your RAM at it's fastest timings. Get into you BIOS and make sure that everything is running as fast as possible. If you have any questions, consult The BIOS Optimization Guide. This is THE deffinitive BIOS guide, and has most every BIOS option covered.

pospi

Jun 30, 2003
www.pospi.cjb.net
I have the same (or similar) problem.

When i start a game i get a jitter every time the noise plays for a second ticking over. Then as i spawn i get another one.

Also, every 5 minutes or so ingame (in ANY 3d accelerated game for that matter, even half-life) i get about 5 seconds of complete lag. I'm talking about 3fps here.

I think maybe theres something wrong with my mobo cos it doesnt get better when i change graphics cards.

Specs:
P4 2.4Ghz, 768Mb corsair ram, GF4TI4280 (with all that stupid amounts of tv in out stuff)

does anyone know what i'm doing wrong, or what's broken?

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I hate the minigun. We were in electric fields and survey says just kept doing that. If I got anywhere on his side of the map I'd be dead within seconds. Then he took the flag hid in the bottom area and threw flak like mad at anyone comming through. They really need to make it so that lift in there will let you up or down.

Useing the shildgun helps but it does not make it worthless. Not by far. The shieldgun will only prolong your almost sure death. Unless it's in a really cramped map.

Last edited:

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
I get this too, i accost my lack of ram with it, but i don't know what it really is. Gets worse with more details, i'm thinking it may be memory stuff, agp aperture? mobo drivers i don't know.

I just think it's caching, but god knows how to sort it.

Dead_Hood

The Seventh Sign
Apr 24, 2001
123 Fake Street
Well, the only thing I can think of is to get a different mobo. Send back that KT400 board and get an nForce2 board. They are the highest performing AMD boards hands down and come with all sorts of extras if you want them. PriceGrabber has them for as little as $66.53 w/o shipping.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hanover_Fist said:
So that was you on ReconGamer saying all that?

Brizz, the answer to the Mini is the Shield, just pull it up and plow through or run for cover.

It absorbs the mini shots and renders it practically useless.

Actually I spam that on ReconGamer all the time because it makes people angry and they make mistakes when they are angry. :)

Like TWD said the shield only prolongs your life. Using the shield gun only gives you a chance to run away and get a tactical advantage rather than keep you alive throughout a firefight. What I hate about it is that no other gun counters it. You have to have direct hits with the LG to the head, rox at the feet or a combo already popping before they start shooting to get rid of it. Basically, it just is lame :p

As for the point of this thread. REPLACE YOUR MOBO WITH SOMETHING REAL. :) have a nice day :p

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
minigun :rolleyes:

DeaJae said:
it now Stutters when connecting to servers, quite badly. about 3 or 4 times after spawning then turning around.
is this a common problem? easily fixable?
Anyways, DEAJAE, does this stuttering go away after a couple of seconds for you? Because, if it does, than I don't think you have a problem. This happens to me too, and I think that I've read on other forums that this happens to other people too.
If the stuttering doesn't go away then...umm...the minigun sucks...

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
well, just tried it offline with
triplebuffering = off
engine cache = 256mb
direct3d precache = on

no stuttering at all. :confused:

it disappeared after about 5 to 30 seconds, but the minigun still sucks.

still stuttering online but alot less than it was.

Last edited:

pospi

Jun 30, 2003
www.pospi.cjb.net
dont know if its the mobo, i have an asus p4533-MX not what you have.
hmmm well.. i'll try your technique anyway but i think all that does is put so much data in memory that having a bad AGP bus doesnt matter...