Hello

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Hi I am new here in the mapping forum, I just want to know if anybody knows a good site to learn how to do a map. I want to try it at least one time but I don't know where to begin.
Thanks ?

sig.jpg

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
WARNING

If you start mapping, you may end up like me, where just about the only time you ever actually play the game again is when play-testing your own maps!

I totally agree w/ Bastard'O. There's nothing like being able to create your own 3-D virtual worlds & be able to run around & shoot bad guys in them only minutes later...

It's kind of like being a god... :cool:

Alpha_9.gif

Infiltration Battlegrounds

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Basically the only reason I map is to get all the chics. Chics dig mappers dude! [/quote]

LOL!!!!!hahahhahahaha....yeah i heard chics really dig us guys that spend our lives on the computer making maps....but i havn't seen the outside world for about 5 days now....damn editor is taking up all my time

J.B.Signature.jpg

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Niceee =)

Just want to say thanks to everyone, I will begin this night maybe :D

Hehehehe thanks again :D

sig.jpg

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
I can't find the texture browser ! I don't get it on the right of my screen like there :
complete_window.jpg

sig.jpg

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Witch version of Ued are u using?
Ued-1 (the one in that picture u just posted)
or
Ued-2 (witch looks a bit like that pic, but again, a bit differend ;) )

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" color="red"size="12">?</font>

Gfsigil.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" color="white"size="2"><span style="font-size:10pt;width:100%;height:40pt;text-align:left;filter:wave(freq=2,strength=5,phase=3,lightstrength=20)color="black"><span on_mouseover="this.style.color='white'"onMouseout="this.style.color='white'">Fighting the fucking censorship!</span></font>

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
I am using UnrealEd 2.0. I found the texture browser but I don't know what is the button to press to activate a texture ...its messy I need to click everywhere...I'm lost ! :rolleyes:

sig.jpg

E

element

I learned from Firefly's site, but he has since moved to a temporary site. He will be back at the above URL which is why i'm linking to it. These were the best tuts IMHO. You can still access them by following the redirect and links.
Good luck and happy mapping!

-------------------------
"He has a right to criticize who has a heart to help." -Abraham Lincoln