Grey Aluminum Texture. Where can I get it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Haha, it's me again. :D
I am currently looking for a aluminum texture for a building's exterior of a night time map.
I don't have photoshop and it is quite a headache to make it using Fireworks(yeah, fireworks), i wonder if any of u know from which texture pack can I obtain such texture, or maybe some tricks to make this texture.
Thanx :D

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Well... not really

The building's is firstly, mostly made of concrete. :D
The exterior of the buildingis aprox. 1/4 aluminum, 3/4 glass texture.
The idea generated from this(see attached).
KL-Petronas Towers.
Of course I won't make all those levels it's crazy. :D
I had finished the floorplans for the layout, all I can say is there's a little Deus Ex feel to it, (or a least I hope) and the structure have been modified so it won't hurt the framerate.
I hope I can finish the building exterior by the next 2 weeks.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
WOW! to say the least:D

Anyways, why don't ya check the UT texture pack for that sort of thing? There are lots of futuristic textures in them(like some of the texture packs that are already open when you start the editor:))

Good luck:)

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Thanx

I scan through the UT texture pack but most of the metals are err, Dirty. :D
But I found a great image coversion tool that can can ur image to 256 colors pcx format and Still looks good! (see attached).
I think I will try to get photo realistic aluminum ,covert it to 8-bit and see for myself the result.

Image Alchemy.
If ur interested, u can get the tool here:
http://www.handmadesw.com/Download_Demo/index.html

eXitus

Mar 27, 2001
How about this one

Just played a bit with Photoshop and maybe this texture will please you.
It is supposed to be brushed alu.

eXitus

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Hey eXitus! Thanx!

I'll try to see what i can do with this texture. :)
I'll let u know the results.
Thanx again man!