Our Little Devil

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Thanx Morty, I will do some polishing today. I am also thinking of beveling the edges more, thats still in the air.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
LOL!

Hey TAZ; once I get my SS rollin', we're going to talk about building a custom case... think you can handle it? ;)

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Yea, as long as its not to crazy and requires Laser Cutting. I only have hand tools here!

Anyway here is the finished frame. It came out pretty good and not to polished. I still like to see the light scratches and it does match up with the MNPCTECH parts.

devil16.jpg

devil17.jpg

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Yea, as long as its not to crazy and requires Laser Cutting. I only have hand tools here!

I wouldn't make it too rough on ya. ;)

Might be a little taller or wider than usual, as I'd like it to have room for 2 Power Supplies... other than that; just your usual side window, maybe a handle on top for carrying... I'll try to slap a sketch together for ya.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Sounds like a Full Tower, they have space for 2 PS. You might want to try 2 handles for a 2 man lift or carry. LOL

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Alright Folks, I know its been quite a long time since any real updates have been posted. With any luck I am back on track and the updates will start coming. This is a small update but it will give you an idea of what the case will look like. I hate to use the term Painted because its not actually paint. I will get a more precise description and name for the process from my buddy.

To Be Honest---The case didn't actually turn out how we both imagined (Smooth/Glossy) but the affects are quite unique and kinda looks pretty damn sweet. Anyway here's some PICS.

Sun Shots
devil25.jpg

devil24.jpg

Inside (Nice Dark Blue)
devil22.jpg

devil21.jpg

With Alum. Covers on.
Note on the DVD cover, the screws are trimmed and Super glued in place.
Then it was Super glued onto the DVD Cover.
I was going to use 3M tape that was recommended by Bill but it left an actual space between the 2 covers.

devil23.jpg

devil20.jpg

Anyway, I am impressed with the look and texture feel of the case. The rest of the case should be arriving tomorrow. Then I will follow with more updates.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Major News: Due to unfortunate circumstances the rest of the Special Painting Process by my buddy is canceled. Looks like I will have to strip down what was already applied and repaint with good old spray paint. :(

I will stick with the Dark Blue Theme and will use an easy to apply type of paint. Stay tuned...

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I kinda like the texture look, makes it a little more unique. I plan on lightly sanding using 400-600 Grit to get some imperfections out from his last attempt. Then adding a couple coats of Spray paint.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Here's an update for my Brothers....

Sanding and Painting completed. I am happy with the results but would have preferred the my buddies color and look. If it wasn't for the imperfections that occurred during transport. Dang... I chalk that up to "Sh-t Happens" and we all know it happens alot for us modders. Anyway on with some PICS.

Here's the Left Side Panel with imperfections, they are hard to see so the next one shows how the foam from the box it was transported in left a square. There were foam spots on all the corners if you tilted it just right you could see. The third Pic shows a strange spot that showed up when it was drying I suppose..

devil26.jpg

devil27.jpg

devil28.jpg

Here's the right side panel, this was caused by a plastic bag during transport.

devil29.jpg

Here is the Top and Front, they were actually touching and when they was pulled apart (OUCH) paint didn't stay where it should have. You can also see another strange spot in the top panel.

devil30.jpg

Alright, now that we got the PICS of what went wrong lets look at some after it was lightly sanded and painted. (BTW: had to paint indoors cause it was so windy, Wife was not happy with fumes!!) I think it looks good, its not as dark as the original but atleast the texture look remained. Thats what I like the must actually. Now if you didn't read back the texture look was a mistake in my buddies process, we was going for smooth high gloss. Well after several attempts he brought in one and asked if I liked it and I said its awesome. Hell with Smooth lets do this. Needless to say he was happy cause he couldn't get smooth and couldn't figure out why..
Note on Front Panel. I had to file holes to get the Power, Reset and LEDS back in and I can't find the small door for the USB Slots. Damn Damn... Anyone have an old Lian Li with a spare door???

devil31.jpg

devil33.jpg

devil34.jpg

MORE to FOLLOW:) :)

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
I think it's kinda spooky: there's this big blob thing you can see in all the painted metal pieces. It looks sort of like a bald guy in a light-colored shirt holding a camera in front of his face. Creepy. :eek::rolleyes:

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Ohio...that suck ass STATE.
Dude..really not a bad job from my stand point. You got as good as anyone could do with the type of painting you were doing. I'm very impressed as usual.

Yeah Steel.....what is that dark blob? I'm getting scared it might come out and take over the world.:D