Jailbreak2004b won't install

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Hi all. Got a problem with the latest release - it won't install:

errorr.jpg

I've got JB2004 installed correctly - I've just been playing it - so I've really got no idea what the umod is going on about. I also tried installing the 2004a patch then the umod, but that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions as to why it isn't working would be gratefully received :)

edit: forgot to mention, it's the 7zip patch update, if that wasn't clear in the context I already posted.

Last edited:

Mychaeel

When you initially installed the first version of Jailbreak 2004, did you use the UT4Mod installer as well? The .zip "installers" can't register Jailbreak in Manifest.ini, so the updater cannot know that you have it installed already.

Also, some poorly made UT4Mod installers of other mods may be responsible for overwriting or truncating your Manifest.ini, causing the same effect.

Anyway -- try the following: Open Manifest.ini (in Notepad, for instance) and add the following lines to it at the bottom:
Code:
[Jailbreak]
Caption=Jailbreak 2004
Version=100
Then try installing the patch again.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Ah, that sounds like it could be the problem, as I installed the zip version. I'll give that a try, thanks Mychaeel :tup:

edit: excellent, that fixed it, thanks again.

Last edited: