Pain2K4a3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I think it should be obvious that I didn't.

*checks post*

If you want any ideas, I have a couple.....

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Ideas for what, Neme? Tell me! XO

Glad you dig the Izu, Postal. :]

Workin' on makin' the zappy gun do stuff when you shoot at water.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Ideas for weapons of course. Although I'm not sure how well they'd fit in with the rest of yours.

You know, if its possible, you could make it so that when you fire the zapper into water, it instagibs everyone in the water. (hey, you can always stay out of it.) If you fire it underwater, you and everyone else in the same pool as you instagib. Yes it would be stealing Quake 1's lightning trident. If you could take the model too, that would be even better. It would be Godlike if you could do the entire thing.

That would be the trident model, doubling (maybe tripling) the beam length, making the beam look like Quake 1's (the UT plasma gun beam coloured light blue would be just right) and making it reflect off walls like in Quake. That would be so much worth the wait. :D

edit: oh yes and the whole "kill everyone in the same pool of water you shoot" thing too.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
You can't fire it underwater, like the railgun and flamer. I could change that, though, I guess. I'm trying to make it so if you shoot the surface you hurt everyone in the water. The problem is that the weapon hits the fluidsurface and stops there, rather than registering the actual physicsvolume. Basically, it's blocked by the shiny bit of the water and can't reach the part people actually swim in, so I can't have it hurt 'em all. So I'm trying to get the weapon to create another object under the surface, so I can check what physicsvolume that thing's in. No luck so far. XP
And what's so great about the UT plasma gun's beam? The 2KX one is more wiggly an' electricy. For the zappy gun I made it wiggle faster, so it's more electricy lookin'. And I don't remember it reflecting off walls in Q1. Mine uses people as nodes of sorts, though. Try the durned thing already.
I'm still thinking about it's secondary. Thinkin' an electricity field around you or somethin'. Zaps people an projectiles. Jus' d'know how it should be activated and sustained and use ammo an' such.
I'm also thinking of making some kinda combo deal, like using primary while you have the field up to fire some funky projectile. That'd give it some more range (to be less redundant with the flamer), and add another projectile thing, since the flamer (though short ranged) and the rocket handgun are the only other weapons that aren't instant hit.

I'm open to any weapon ideas. In particular I'm not sure what I'm gonna replace the spider mines, grenades, and the two super weapons with.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
I tried it, it seemedc like a link gun with a stronger beam :p

That's why I sorta suggested what I did ;)

I have an idea for a superweapon replacement. It uses the new shock rifle model and primary fires the Leviathan's cannon beam, complete with big boom and lots of damage. Secondary could fire a shock beam that leaves shock combo explosions where it hits (of course, with the damage etc. of a regular combo).

Little powerful, yeah, but I wanna see it made dammit. :(

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
But you can attack up to three people at once with it. Without that it was totally boring. A new secondary oughta help give it a better feel, and a new sound would help, if I knew where to get one.

Your super weapon sounds boring. :b

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Well since the primary is like a suped up linkgun, what if the alt was like the link primary, either a hail of inaccurate little weak bolts, or perhaps a slow moving energy orb that shocks everyone around it when it hits, skeletionizing them or something. Perhaps allow for some sort of combo?

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
I didn't really ask if it was boring. Only if you could do it. :p

(You wouldn't have to include it in the mutator if you hate it that mch, just stick it in the package. :p)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Actually you didn't really ask anything about it. You simply announced that it was an idea of yours and that you wanted to see it. :b

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I'd have to look at the Leviathan code, but I probably could. I d'know if I will.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Well it would be really nice if you did.

Be nice, smoke. Be nice. ;)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Okay, so I was testing some stuff with the P2K4 mutator, and had the brilliant idea to mess with fluidsurfaceinfos. I think it looks cool. :3 I don't think there's any point to it in P2K4, but I think I may make a mutator similar to haze (in that it modifies the appearance of the environment) that lets you screw around with fluid surfaces. That reminds me, I wanna try adding a disco mode to haze like in Turok, then release it. I've pretty much given up on the fancier menu for that. I always use it, though, so I think I should release it already.

Anyway, I haven't given a progress report in a while. Zappy gun primary is DONE. Izu now does less damage against shields. I think everything has its own ammo with custom pickups. The new napalm pickup's sexy. :3 Got some custom skins and sounds. Fletcher ammo needs work. The mutator works. It replaces the health, armor, and adrenaline pickups just to make them look different. :b In the future I may make them also give you more stuff, to compensate slightly for the weapons' great power. I started the avril replacement. It's cool, but it's being mean to me. Probably some other things, but I can't remember. Mostly working on polishing up the arsenal I got. Oh, I got rid of the railgun trail 'cause it was totally lagging larger maps. I gotta come up with a way to make that thing work without lagging. And I think it could look better, too. <<

Attachments

• MetalWater.jpg
    MetalWater.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 43