HOMs HOMs HOMs!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
I recently started work on a DM level based on the artwork of M.C. Escher. Unfortunately, I am now having trouble with my ever acsending staircases. I have a staircase going up and turning so that it makes a square shape. I then put ZPs at the top and bottom or the steps, one directly over the other to create the effect of a continual staircase. They are the exact same shape, there are no leaks, and I played around with the rotation, and they still don't work right. Nasty HOMs! you can still go from the bottom to the top, but you end up looking at the floor when you go through. If you try to go from the top to the bottom, you just walk into the warp zone and see nothing but HOMs in every direction. My map includes nine of these looping staircases, and only one of them works! I can't find anything different about the structure, either. They were all subtracted using the same brush! Somebody, please help!!

NVerxion

Ethereal
Sep 9, 2000
Orlando, FL
don't know if this will help, but try deleting all the ones that don't work and make duplicates of the one that does work. you also might try transforming them when you have them in place.