Start-up problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SabreWing

Sep 8, 2004
So here's my problem. I start "ut2004.exe" ; I go to "instant action" ; I choose unwheel, map, etc ; The map loads ; I get the car selection screen and choose my car ; And then UT2004 exits giving me this report :( :

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3017 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra (5672)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::processEvent <- (UWSCarBugger UWRC-CityTrack.UWSCarBugger, Function UnWheel.UWSCar.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (UWSCarBugger) <- UObject::processEvent <- (UWGUI4CarSelect Package.UWGUI4CarSelect, Function UnWheel.UWGUI4CarSelect.ClickSelect) <- UObject::processDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUIButton Package.GUIButton) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level CityTrack <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

So, does anybody know what this means, I'd be really happy if I could get this thing to work. Thanks in advance.

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
Hmm... it seems there are problems spawning your Bugger.

From what I see, you don't have the latest patch installed; the newest official build is UT2004_Patch_[2004-07-27_14.28]. I suggest you get the patch, for example from here. To find links to the Mac and Linux versions, see the stuck thread at the top of the forum.

If that doesn't help, try renaming your UT2004.ini and User.ini into UT2004.ini.bak and User.ini.bak respectively. When you start the game, all of your settings will be *telefragged*, but I suppose the reconfiguration process isn't too painful, having to do it myself once or twice.

Please post your results from this experiment; if UnWheel works or not. If not, I will give you another series of steps to do.

Last edited:

SabreWing

Sep 8, 2004
Thx

YESSS! Thx man, if I were a woman i'd wanna carry your children...

Just kidding :lol: !
The patch worked, plenty of thx to you.

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
No problemo!

I have added it to the FAQ in case somebody doesn't know... even though it should be automatic to look if there is a new patch before posting a request for support.

Have a nice game!

SabreWing

Sep 8, 2004
well, i used to have a more up to date version and i tried it with that but it didn't work (and i had to reinstall to a earlier version so) i thought i had the latest patch.