The game you'd most like to see made into a movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
:catfight:

wow, someone HATES pronouns.

Technically the first letter of a sentence is generally capitalized. Also, if I remember my MLA standards, that should read; 'Wow! Someone HATES pronouns.' or 'Well, somebody HATES pronouns.' Albiet, I am no english teacher and work in the grocery industry, so I have had very little formal reason to use proper grammer in the past 11 years since I went college and failed to graduate. So I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
E_T__106.jpg

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
[GU]elmur_fud;2516352 said:
Technically the first letter of a sentence is generally capitalized. Also, if I remember my MLA standards, that should read; 'Wow! Someone HATES pronouns.' or 'Well, somebody HATES pronouns.' Albiet, I am no english teacher and work in the grocery industry, so I have had very little formal reason to use proper grammer in the past 11 years since I went college and failed to graduate. So I could be completely wrong.

Huh? Igoy got mad because after I quoted her, I said "don't listen to her" instead of "don't listen to Igoy." I was making light of the fact that she became so unusually upset by the use of a pronoun instead of her screenname. This has nothing to do with spelling, grammar or the like, merely an overreaction for a strange thing.

Yes, you will find that I often have small spelling and grammatical mistakes in my posts (such as accidentally mistaking million for billion recently), and likewise I don't criticize people for their small errors, as, you know, this is a casual setting in which proper grammatical construction is neither expected nor helpful. It is an internet forum, not my Master's Thesis. That being said, I'll help you along on a few points: 1) All of the ways you can think of saying that sentence (Wow! Someone...Wow, someone...Wow. Someone...) would be correct, each having a slightly different aesthetic difference, placing different emphasis on the words within the sentence (or sentences). 2) The MLA dictates references and citations (how to handle quotations, paraphrases, credit for ideas, etc. and how to integrate bibliographies (called Works Cited pages) into text), not grammar, for which, in English, there are only informal rules enforced nearly on whim, though with some which are held mostly uniform between cultures and regions.

To be on topic, a game I would love seeing turned into a movie would be Machinarium. What a gorgeous, interesting and unusual game; if handled right, it could make for a wonderful indie animation.

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
That is all fine and dandy. However, I just was poking fun at your picking on her grammar whilst having such obvious grammatical flaws of your own.

--------------------------------------------

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
[GU]elmur_fud;2516514 said:
That is all fine and dandy. However, I just was poking fun at your picking on her grammar whilst having such obvious grammatical flaws of your own.

Where the hell did he pick on her grammar? :lol: If anything should be made fun of, it's your ability to read. ;)

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
"Girl vs Girl: The Lesbian Conflict - Part 2"

THE CLIMAX.
The ultimate mother/daughter cliffhanger ending resolved!

Now with latex covered theater seats*

*seating limited. No less than two girls per seat. Men will be ejected (not ejacualted) upon exceeded capacity

COME ONE, COME ALL :eek:

Colorado borders open to repressed Utah residents.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
[GU]elmur_fud;2516551 said:

What are these pronouns of which you speaks? Are they tastey?

Let me explain, though Jason already has. Jason called Igoy a "her" instead of "Igoy" and Igoy got mad about that. "Her" is a pronoun, Jason used it, Igoy didn't like being referred to by that pronoun, hence she hates pronouns. :p

Having not made a comment on the topic yet, I would agree with HalfLife, Mass Effect, Dead Space, MAYBE Deus Ex and add in Halo even. Also Dead Island just because I like well made zombie movies.

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Let me explain, though Jason already has. Jason called Igoy a "her" instead of "Igoy" and Igoy got mad about that. "Her" is a pronoun, Jason used it, Igoy didn't like being referred to by that pronoun, hence she hates pronouns. :p...

Well let me explain something to you. That is all blatantly obvious. However in stating it the manner he did it was also a grammatical argument. It doesn't matter how he meant it or what the back-story is, it is still a grammatical argument. In a sense your comments make it further a grammatical argument. by describing the orrigonal grammatical tiff that spawned his grammatical attack. :p

I still can't fathom the fascination with zombies and for 1 am tired of the zombie craze. If a zombie was real it would be extremely easy to combat. More worrisome would be what made it a zombie in the first place.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
[GU]elmur_fud;2516607 said:
Well let me explain something to you. That is all blatantly obvious. However in stating it the manner he did it was also a grammatical argument. It doesn't matter how he meant it or what the back-story is, it is still a grammatical argument. In a sense your comments make it further a grammatical argument. by describing the orrigonal grammatical tiff that spawned his grammatical attack. :p

Stop. Just stop. It is blatantly obvious that you completely missed the actual point and are painfully trying to cover your tracks by making up ridiculous arguments.

Let me spell it out for you. It had nothing to do with a grammatical argument. Igoy did not say anything grammatically incorrect, she simply got very angry over me saying "her" instead of saying "Igoy," so I mocked her for supposedly hating pronouns. I had taken a ridiculous frustration and moved it to an equally ridiculous hatred of pronouns, pointing out how silly her argument was.

This is not an argument over grammar, but is rather one of word choice and how we address others--grammar is related to structures of sentences. While pronouns are a part of grammar, not all uses of the word pronoun necessitates a grammatical argument. By describing the "orrigonal" context, I am letting you try and comprehend what I was saying, none of which was an attack on grammar, but rather an attack on over-dramatic expression, or in other words, it was a rhetorical argument.

You, however, did go on the grammatical attack, pointing out the TERRIBLE sin of not capitalizing the beginning to my response. In that attack, you misidentified the MLA, incorrectly criticized the usage of the word wow and had a handful of misspellings (including grammar as "grammer"). You also failed to properly capitalize the word English. You were the only person mounting a grammatical attack and you failed to properly adhere to the the strict rules of grammar this would require.

Let me recap:
1) It was a rhetorical point, not a grammatical one
2) Clarifying it only continues in the vein of rhetorical argument
3) You are having a lot of trouble in properly identifying the difference between grammar and rhetoric, so perhaps you should stop lecturing others on the issue until you have properly resolved that problem.
3) You were the person who tried to wage a grammatical argument, and you were unable to rise to the challenge.
4) Stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Stop. Just stop. It is blatantly obvious that you completely missed the actual point and are painfully trying to cover your tracks by making up ridiculous arguments...

Stop. Just stop. You sir are an imbecile. I made a joking stab at your comments structure, meaning, and tone considering your profession. Apparently you can't take it. :con:

Oh and read a dictionary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wow

–interjection
(an exclamation of surprise, wonder, pleasure, or the like): Wow! Look at that!

Hmmmmm the similarities are uncanny to:

wow, someone HATES pronouns.

Except one looks formatted properly and the other looks like it was written by a 14 year old girl.

Indeed I did mis-site the MLA but I also mentioned it has been a long time since I have had an occasion to employ much of a knowledge of it. What is your excuse?

I don't feel embarrassed. I see no reason to be such. I understand rhetoric perfectly, what baffles me though is how I was commenting on your comment specifically not on the argument between you and Igoy and that is apparently a completely alien concept to you. I am a bit annoyed at what seems to be excessively vehement post so I will format mine similarly. I am also saddened that you are apparently what passes an instrument of public education. No wonder it is total crap.