UT3 Cache Convertor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
Name: UT3CC
Version: V2.1
Credits: Brad G
Homepage: http://www.brad-g.com
Download: Visit here for download

Description:
Grants the ability to convert maps from your cache folder in to playable maps either offline or online.

Auto Installer!
By using the schedule wizard, you can set the UT3 Cache Converter to launch:
Daily, weekly, Monthly, one time only, When the computer starts, When you log on

scan for new maps in your cache folder, install them, clear the cache, and automatically exit. now you can forget about your Cache directory, and let it be managed for you.

NOTE: Windows XP SP2 and SP3 contains a bug where after the schedule is created it will fail to launch.

FIX: to over come this:- after you have created the schedule, go to
Start->All programs->Accessories->System tools->Scheduled tasks

and double click on the schedule you just created.
now place a tick in "run only if im logged on"
Click ok, and your done

History
From the user interface, you can click History at the top and then logs to see the records of all maps installed through the utility.

This is especially handy to see if any new maps were installed by the Auto installer schedule.

Change log:

as of 2.1:-
UT3CC will only remove the map files it installs, oppose to emptying the cache folder

Screenshot:
[screenshot]http://aycu21.webshots.com/image/47780/2002950526449256060_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited:

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Works like a charm. Awesome, considering how deeply nested the UT3 folders are. This saves a lot of time in navigating down to them in order to de-cache them.

Sweet. Hope to see more custom maps online!

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
Version 2.1 released!

Change log:

as of 2.1:-
UT3CC will only remove the map files it installs, oppose to emptying the cache folder

JimmyNeutron

May 25, 2008
Not working on Vista

On Vista (and on SP1) the program launches, you can select files, but when you click on the arrows button, a dialog pops up and says "cannot open file cacheconvertor.bg.

No files are processed.

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
Everything works cool here... thanks a lot for this update! Works super... (windows xp)

Nope, no flaws spotted, only maybe some people might get confused waiting for it to finished during the rename/converting/copy proccess.

Again thanks a bunch!

Vigil

Jan 20, 2008
Does UT3 automatically remove cached maps, requiring one to redownload them if one hasn't played them for some time?

awaw

I didn't survive the '08 BUF crash
Jan 19, 2008
@Jimmy: Without having tried this program, I'd guess Brad didn't write it for people without admin rights (the tweaker has similar problems). Try launching the game with right click -> run as administrator.

JimmyNeutron

May 25, 2008
@Jimmy: Without having tried this program, I'd guess Brad didn't write it for people without admin rights (the tweaker has similar problems). Try launching the game with right click -> run as administrator.

Tried that. Same error dialog. Bummer. Thanks for the idea, though!

JimmyNeutron

May 25, 2008
On Vista (and on SP1) the program launches, you can select files, but when you click on the arrows button, a dialog pops up and says "cannot open file cacheconvertor.bg.

No files are processed.
My clan-mate straightened me out:

{UNK}Ink said:
Jimmy that error is caused by not running the configure under options.

Ink
Thanks, Ink! I got confused by the non-standard buttons. I ran the configure options, but pressed the funky Exit button instead of the two-floppy-disks button.

So now it works. False alarm.

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
cache files do expire yes

Does UT3 automatically remove cached maps, requiring one to redownload them if one hasn't played them for some time?

Yes the cache will expire and remove old downloads... hence this convertor i think... also... it allows u to host the maps u've played. I love this lil tool.