Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
Sweeney todd : 7/10
the singing sure is annoying at times.
the very morbid atmosphere sure is the thing that gives the most points in the movie.

it's not an average movie, it's close to "chicago" movie style singing, giving it a nice personal touch, great atmosphere, but many drawbacks that make it a not-THAT-good kind of movie.

I watched that movie after playing with some friends "Vampire : the masquerade" (Pen&paper version), and it was hard not to laugh sometimes. :)

United 93 is an amazing movie and one I'd probably never be able to watch again. Rather than the horrible Oliver Stone Twin Towers movie with (puke) Nicolas Cage, United 93 was a tough experience and done as good as anyone could have possibly expected a 911 movie to be. I didn't feel like I was watching a movie, but rather, the events of that day unfold for the passengers of that plane. No hollywood bull****. I'd agree with the 9.5/10 score. Using people who were actually there in the watch towers and the control rooms (Like that Ben Sliney guy) really gave the movie a sense of authenticity and honesty. It was heartbreaking and I can easily understand if nobody wants to watch it. I was about as annoyed as anyone else when I heard they were making a 911 movie, but when I actually saw the movie I was glad I did.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Bad Boys 2 3/10

Not even Will Smith's considerable on-screen charisma can save this dud.

Plot, plausibility, characterisation and dramatic tension play 73rd fiddle to big explosions, massively destructive but tension-free car chases, homophobia and even more loud explosions.

Avoid (unless the alternative is Meet the Spartans :))

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
Sweeney todd : 7/10
the singing sure is annoying at times.
the very morbid atmosphere sure is the thing that gives the most points in the movie.

it's not an average movie, it's close to "chicago" movie style singing, giving it a nice personal touch, great atmosphere, but many drawbacks that make it a not-THAT-good kind of movie.

I watched that movie after playing with some friends "Vampire : the masquerade" (Pen&paper version), and it was hard not to laugh sometimes. :)

Well... it's a musical/comedy.

It took itself seriously in parts that mattered. The sound of bodies slamming into the basement were perfectly gruesome...

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Rambo 8/10

I have to admit it felt like a rambo flick to me, much like live free or die hard did. I knew it was going to be a gore ride but wow all I have to say is the trailer thats been out for quite some time does not do the movie justice. Headshots, holes in chests, etc is just the tip of the iceberg. The only things I really didnt like was the beginning kinda drug on a bit and the lady and her brother/husband or whoever he is preaching about how they can make a difference. In my mind I was just hoping one of them would die because there was too much whining going on. But overall I liked it.

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
Rambo 8/10
The only things I really didnt like was the beginning kinda drug on a bit and the lady and her brother/husband or whoever he is preaching about how they can make a difference. In my mind I was just hoping one of them would die because there was too much whining going on.

I laughed at the part when after Rambo kills the pirates on the boat and he gets them to shore. The guy turns around and is like: You know I am going to have to report this!

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
Meet The Spartans -547282/10

So if you really want to see exactly why the movie Idiocracy has so much truth to it, you can watch Meet The Spartans. Just do me and your fellow human being a favor, ok? If you walk out of the theater laughing and amused, please....kill yourself.

This is exactly what I thought of when I was reading your review. I watched Idiocracy and almost died, because I can totally see that happening to not only this country but the rest of the world. I've watched some of the other movies this group has produced and they all suck.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I have a movie question so I figured I'd post it in here even though it's for rating them. Anyways the thing is someone explained a movie preview to me and I want to know the name of the movie but I couldn't find out on google or anything from the description they gave.

Here's the description: A virus breaks out in Sweden so 'they' build a wall around Sweden to quarantine it off from the rest of the world then about 30 years later they see people still alive on the inside so they figure it's safe now and it's like a completely different world in there since it was cut off for so long from everything else.

Anyone have any idea wtf movie they are talking about? Supposedly the preview was shown before Rambo.

Edit: Wow, I found out that it was in Scotland not Sweden and found out what the movie was right away, it's called Doomsday if you were wondering, looks pretty cool. :p

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
I DRANK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

There Will Be Blood Four Stars

The combination of good direction, a great score, and wonderful acting (Daniel Day Lewis was supreme) makes this movie worth watching. It has a slow buildup, but once it gets going it has some of the better movie moments I've seen in a long time. If Meet the Spartans (not giving that the dignity of having italics) was on one end of the spectrum of bad - good, There Will Be Blood is on the opposite end. Maybe not 50000+/10, but it is superb.

And the ending is just wonderful.

Oh, and MILKSHAKE

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Superbad 7/10
It wasn't as good as the hype made me believe it would be. However the dick drawing jokes and the MkLovin stuff were some of the funniest comedy moment i've seen in a long while.
The rest of it brung up depressing memories of my own life.

You're kidding, right? It's two hours of a fat jewish kid using profanities for no reason and a skinny dorky kid doing absolutely nothing important or cool. Then the ending goes the typical way of 'they get the hawt girlz at the end.' Bull****. Seriously, if I was as uncool as those two kids in high school I would've either shot myself or pulled a Columbine.

Superbad is possibly the dumbest movie of our time (except maybe this 'Meet the Spartans' flick.) If you think Superbad was AT ALL good, you seriously need to be checked for retardation.

Latent Image

Bring the rain!
Jun 3, 2001
Zer0's Anus
Stardust

8/10

Nothing like I thought it was going to be like, hell I thought it was a kids movie, it actually turned out to be an enjoyable, clever and funny movie. It was nice to see Michelle Phifer in a movie once again and Claire Danes is well hawt. I took a point off for the ridiculous need to have token homo acting. I believe it didn't suit the actor in question, seems to be the go with actors who have passed there used by date, it's like Travolta dressing up as a women, old and done to death.

I would note that this is probably a movie you don't want kids to see. Then again I've seen stupid parents who have taken there kids to see the butterfly effect...

Anyway Definitely a recommendation and worth watching with other people.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Bad Boys 2 3/10

Wow, I loved Bad Boys 2. It's at the top of it's game for non-stop action films IMO. I particularly liked a lot of the cinematography, for example the revolving camera scene where the camera is doing laps around the inside of the house prior to the shootout. But I liked a lot of the angles and techniques used throughout.

And yeah it's over the top, but it makes for good entertainment. At least it didn't go too over the top *cough* Transporter 2 barrel rolling a car through mid air in order to hit a crane hook and knock the bomb off the chassis *cough* :rolleyes:

Good chemistry between Will Smith and Martin Lawrence too. I've watched this one multiple times, and it has always been fun.

I'd probably give it ~7.5/10.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
You're kidding, right? It's two hours of a fat jewish kid using profanities for no reason and a skinny dorky kid doing absolutely nothing important or cool. Then the ending goes the typical way of 'they get the hawt girlz at the end.' Bull****. Seriously, if I was as uncool as those two kids in high school I would've either shot myself or pulled a Columbine.

Superbad is possibly the dumbest movie of our time (except maybe this 'Meet the Spartans' flick.) If you think Superbad was AT ALL good, you seriously need to be checked for retardation.

Wow. Someones in a bad mood.

Superbad was great fun man. The profanities aren't there for no reason. Have you heard the modern high school kid speak? Man if I had a dollar for every time some of these kids said f*ck...

And they didn't technically "get the girls" in the end. From what I remember, they ran into them at the shopping mall the day after the party and decided to start everything over again, and get to know eachother. It was very tame and subtle compared to the rest of the film.

And finally I just want to say that forcing your opinions on others is not cool. Maybe these high school/teenage party movies just aren't for you. And that's fine. But calling everyone else retarded for liking them is pretty stupid of you.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
I have a movie question so I figured I'd post it in here even though it's for rating them. Anyways the thing is someone explained a movie preview to me and I want to know the name of the movie but I couldn't find out on google or anything from the description they gave.

Here's the description: A virus breaks out in Sweden so 'they' build a wall around Sweden to quarantine it off from the rest of the world then about 30 years later they see people still alive on the inside so they figure it's safe now and it's like a completely different world in there since it was cut off for so long from everything else.

Anyone have any idea wtf movie they are talking about? Supposedly the preview was shown before Rambo.

Edit: Wow, I found out that it was in Scotland not Sweden and found out what the movie was right away, it's called Doomsday if you were wondering, looks pretty cool. :p

Sleepy, yeah, I saw a trailer for Doomsday. It is very reminiscent of the Mad Max movies and Escape from New York. Looks like a decent foreign-made film, but the trailer probably gave away too much.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
I particularly liked a lot of the cinematography, for example the revolving camera scene where the camera is doing laps around the inside of the house prior to the shootout. But I liked a lot of the angles and techniques used throughout.
I wouldn't deny that the director's command of his vast forces was technically impressive. My problem was that there was no tension in the result. For example, in Die Hard there seems a real chance that McLean or his family might die. McLean is pretty battered by the end of it all. I never felt that sense of risk in Bad Boys 2.

Wow, I loved Bad Boys 2.
And that is good. I'm glad that is so. My opinion should have no bearing on your enjoyment of the movies (and vice versa :)).

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
United 93 is an amazing movie and one I'd probably never be able to watch again. Rather than the horrible Oliver Stone Twin Towers movie with (puke) Nicolas Cage, United 93 was a tough experience and done as good as anyone could have possibly expected a 911 movie to be. I didn't feel like I was watching a movie, but rather, the events of that day unfold for the passengers of that plane. No hollywood bull****. I'd agree with the 9.5/10 score. Using people who were actually there in the watch towers and the control rooms (Like that Ben Sliney guy) really gave the movie a sense of authenticity and honesty. It was heartbreaking and I can easily understand if nobody wants to watch it. I was about as annoyed as anyone else when I heard they were making a 911 movie, but when I actually saw the movie I was glad I did.

^yep

Sgt Bilko 9/10 :lol: (don't like steve martin much but he's great in this!)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Sleepy, yeah, I saw a trailer for Doomsday. It is very reminiscent of the Mad Max movies and Escape from New York. Looks like a decent foreign-made film, but the trailer probably gave away too much.

The trailer told me everything I wanted to know about this movie. First half had me intrigued, somewhat. Second half totally, and I mean totally, ruined the fun. What a dissapointment. Looks like weak rehash of mad max, escape from new york, blah.

I'll gladly pass.

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Black Moon Rising 7/10

The cinematography in the chase through Los Angeles and Tommy Lee Jones's witt makes up for Linda Hamiltons bad acting. The film fails on the plot as the car has little to do with the film whatsoever.

But for a £1 dvd i'm not complaining.

EDIT: Added title

Last edited: