UT Crash on start-up

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ted Bundy

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
I have just upgraded my computer system. Here is what I have:
Asus A7V Mother Board
AMD Thunderbird 1 GHZ Cpu
Asus GeForce 2 Deluxe
253 Meg PC-133 Ram
Diamond MX-300 Sound Card

After installing everything and then loading up unreal tournament it crashed during the city intro fly by after about 10 seconds. This has been a constant problem since the upgrade. I have went to the sites that tell about changing the D3DDRV.DLL files and have tried them all. The problem still persists. Has anyone had any experience with this type of setup and if so do you have any suggestions on what the problem could be. The GeForce did allow the game to run one time and the frame rate was only about 35 fps. The old viper v770 card did this good and was expecting over 100 fps with the new GeForce.
If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
I have a MX300 too and have the same problem. Whats worse is I can't even get into UT safe mode?
Does your PC run in UT in safe mode?

Ted Bundy

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
I think that maybe you have hit on the same solution that I have. No matter what I do the MX-300 seems to cause me a problem. Until I put the GeForce 2 in, I could not even get the computer to run right, unless I pulled the sound card out. Now with the GeForce 2 installed it does run better, but tonight I do not have any sound again. Really Sucks! I have had a lot of problems in the past and most of them can be tied directly to the MX-300 card.

Does anyone have any solution to this card's compatability problems?

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Agreed, even winamp crashesd on me and the system is not stable. A lot of this arises from the fact that my MOBO the KT-7 (and I'm pretty sure your's too) use VIA chipsets which are incompatible with Aureal 3D and cause plenty of grief. Just to install it I had to goto my bios:(
I'm downloading new drivers for aureal and the MX300. I'll put the links below. I have no idea if this will help as I'm on a modem connection and these driver will take forever to DL, (the one on Aureal's site is 38MB!) but it's worth a shot.
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/...tml?tag=st.dl.10117-106-1.lst-0-14.td-1713344 this is the big one for vortex 38MB!

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/...tml?tag=st.dl.10117-106-1.lst-0-17.td-1549702 1.3MB A3D update.
Hope it helps.

EDIT: incase you decide to return your soundcard and get a new one, don't get an Aureal card, I had the exact same problems with a Turtle Beach Montego II based on the same chipset.

Ted Bundy

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
thanks for all the information
I am going to download the drivers too and will put a post on here to tell you if it helped or not!!