Replication 'Spawn()' (UT2003)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dexter13

The Coding Machine
Dec 18, 2001
Visit site
Hi!
I have a function that calls spawn() and I get it to basically spawn an explosion if an actor is hit, very simple.

Works fine offline but as soon as I go online the Effects don't spawn at all, no-matter how I seem to replicate the function, the sounds work fine but the FX don't appear for clients!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Dex.

Dexter13

The Coding Machine
Dec 18, 2001
Visit site
Thanks for the reply man,
Sorry to be such an idiot, but how exactly would I do the 2 things you mentioned?

Thanks again,

Dex.

Dexter13

The Coding Machine
Dec 18, 2001
Visit site
Ok, basically, in my fireModes' 'DoFireEffect' function, I simple do a trace and return a material, then test that material according to it's type and do this:

'Spawn(class'pclImpactSmoke',other,,HitLocation, rotator(HitNormal));'

(or another built in emmiter using the same syntax.)

That's all ,and it doesn't ever show for clients!

The reason I am handling the FX here and not in the attatchment where UT2003 spawns sparks, etc. is that when I do that, the FX are always one shot behind, ie: they spawn where I last fired : /

Any ideas?

Dex.

Payback

Ive got a big stick
Nov 21, 2002
ahl.action-web.net
If my amazingly crap memory serves correctly, someone figured out what was causing that one shot behind thing and fixed it.
It may have been AD-Squirrel or SquirrelZero, or something to do with furry animals. Unfortunatly I think it was posted up mere days before the board was nuked and all that data was lost. Did anyone keep the code or know if it was posted elsewhere?

It might serve you better to find the existing solution to the problem. Sorry I cant be of more help there.

Last edited: