Terrain Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

o-mikey-o

Nov 17, 2008
Hey all.. just having a few problems with unreal (as always lol)

anyhow im currently running through a few tutorial on how to make an effective terrain.. its taken me some time but ive finally been able to create one.. but whenever i close the project, after saving it of course, and then reopen it.. it tells me it cannot open the terrain due to no references or something :(

can anyone tell me how i can save the terrain please? i dont think i can take another messege telling me its gone

Sm1key

StargateUnreal
Jan 22, 2008
The Netherlands
www.stargateunreal.com
what are you using?

I normaly use Grayscale 8 bit maps on photoshop fix some kinda cool sealevel based map terain and save it as 8bit grayscale .bmp ..
Then i use TerraEdit to inport it and save it as an T3d file what i can inport in to unrealed.. .. just the only thing then is to select the texture and hit past or intersect/deintersect whatever you want... :)
good turt @ http://www.oldunreal.com/editing/TCUERG.zip its the full unreal ed references.. with turts and images.. also about terains..

Last edited:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
The terrain heightmap and layers are saved as textures, so if you didn't save whatever package you put them in then they will be lost. I recommend putting the package name as mylevel so they will be saved inside the map file itself.