Need Advice On A Submission!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PsychoSy

Jan 7, 2001
Michigan
Visit site
Hey, fellow frag-meisters!!

I've whipped together a hilarious SoundPack for Unreal Tournament and I'm a bit foggy on how to submit it. I've posted it on a shell account but that server is out in England and even though I'm friends with the owner of the server, I don't want to release the URL for this Soundpack because I don't want to jeopardize our friendship over burning his bandwidth (I'd ask his permission but he's hardly online when I am!!)

So basically, I'm looking to see if someone (or perhaps this site) that might be able to host the SoundPack.

The Soundpack is basically a "Taunt-Only" pack for use with Deathmatch mode and the voices are done by the legendary Bruce Campbell. :)

I once grabbed a Campbell voicepack for UT many moons ago and it was fairly decent but the source material used in that pack were snipets from his movies and appearances in tv shows. In my voicepack, the sources are ripped from actual games that Bruce has done in the past few years. Ripping his voice from these games yielded better quality samples and I decided to whip up a UT soundpack from them for my own personal use.

Slowly, I passed it on to friends (for the record, I've been sitting on this voicepack for about 6-8 months now!) and they loved it!! They told me I should release it and I wanted to at that time, but uploading it on a 28.8 connection would've taken forever!! :)

Now, I have broadband. I would host it myself but I *just* got this cable modem and part of the agreement through the cable company is I can't use the bandwidth as a server unless I move up to their 512K "Business Package". I've got 256K and that's plenty for my personal use.

This Bruce Campbell soundpack is about 3.5MBs zipped up. Unzipped, it'll take about 5-6MB of harddrive space but I feel this pack has the best Bruce Campbell material and the actual sound quality is impressive! Heck, I included many extra samples that could not be bound to the script since UT only allows 32 taunts!

I wanna submit this pack as "Public Domain". People can do what they want with it. They can re-edit it and repost it if they want. I just feel there's a serious lack of Bruce Campbell material and I wanna give something back to the UT community.

If anyone can assist in hosting this soundpack, let me know via a reply here, in email, or via ICQ! :)

--PsychoSy--

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Dude just get an account at geocities, tripod, or homestead and upload it there. You get 50MB of webspace at each. Then check out the PU affiliates, which I'm sure includes websites dedicated to sound packs and etc and mail them a link to check it out.