Duke Nukem Forever Delay?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Prey is nearing completion and if you were able to READ you would see that the news also points to the fact that the game is pretty much done and just needs polish.
Funny how you mention "read", as I clearly remember how you couldn't READ a certain forum's rules some time ago, nor the constant warnings the admin, and respective mods, threw at you.. :rolleyes:

And as for the statement that it's "nearly finished" - HL2 "just needed polish" for a whole year!
And guess what: It's still a piece of boring HavoK2-whoring sh#te, Just like the oh-so hyped FEAR! :eek:

Besides, DooM1 beats Duke3D any day! ;)

Last edited:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Are you seriously saying HL2 is nothing but a physics demo? because if you are I think your animals have infected you with some kind of mental illness.
If you say so! :eek:

Not my problem that you can't distinguish a good storyline from a Grav Gun... :rolleyes:
But then again, you can't distinguish between random chatter and ban-warnings! :lol:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Go play Deus Ex or SystemShock1/2 and repeat that sentence. :rolleyes:
Doesn't make sense any more, now does it?! ;)

That said, let's get back to the topic.

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Because it's ****ing Duke Nukem.
Because it's running on UE3.
Because it's Duke Nukem.

I don't know how long you've been playing FPSers but if you had been playing them when Duke was released like I was you would realise you should always bet on duke.

I have played games since the Commodore came out so I don't think you have played more then me. And yes when Duke came out it was not to bad. But that then and the storyline sucked then already.

And no it is not running on UE3. I never visited the Duke site and even I have read somewhere that the lead disigner officially said it is NOT an UE3 game.

And why would anyone want a duke game when it has nothing to offer anymore other than another stupid storyline for sexistic 12 year olds?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
-Jes- said:
Go play Deus Ex or SystemShock1/2 and repeat that sentence. :rolleyes:
Doesn't make sense any more, now does it?! ;)

That said, let's get back to the topic.

Deus Ex is a terrible game. It's a game embraced by faux pseudo intellectuals who think they're in on some big secret but they're not. All it does is continually name drop. Deus Ex has is the gaming equivalent of a Dan Brown novel.

It also fails on the level of a FPS as the actual combat elements of the game were substandard.

System Shock 2 suffers from the same syndrome but manages to claw back some credibility due to rose tinted glasses syndrome.

Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
Deapblade said:
I have played games since the Commodore came out so I don't think you have played more then me. And yes when Duke came out it was not to bad. But that then and the storyline sucked then already.

And no it is not running on UE3. I never visited the Duke site and even I have read somewhere that the lead disigner officially said it is NOT an UE3 game.

And why would anyone want a duke game when it has nothing to offer anymore other than another stupid storyline for sexistic 12 year olds?

Duke 3D was a fantastic game, it did things with the Doom engine that even id said were not possible. No it's not a UE3 engine game, it does however use such a heavily modified version of UE2 that when it comes to release you won't be able to tell the difference between it and any other smoking hot new engine.

Sexist? Duke 3D was no more sexist than any hollywood film with a male protagonist and a love interest. Duke just cut all the **** out of that formula.

Duke is not about comlex story arches and detailed character development. It's about balls to the wall action, blasting aliens with plenty of testosterone soaked weaponary.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Deus Ex is a terrible game. It's a game embraced by faux pseudo intellectuals who think they're in on some big secret but they're not. Deus Ex has is the gaming equivalent of a Dan Brown novel.
So from your point of view, everyone playing Quake1 are senseless bunnyhopping serial-killers.
Good job IronHead! ;)

Fact is, people play it because it has a storyline... :rolleyes:
Mr.Magnetichead said:
It also fails on the level of a FPS as the actual combat elements of the game were substandard.
You play it from a 1st person angle! You shoot stuff! Thus it's an fps!
Where you went wrong here, I don't want to know... :shake:

Mr.Magnetichead said:
System Shock 2 suffers from the same syndrome but manages to claw back some credibility due to rose tinted glasses syndrome.
Again with the "syndrome" accusation. Once again, according to your own view, people playing this game really think that rogue AI's are creating semi-sentient species...

SO, according to your view of the universe, we should all praise Jack Thompson and give him an award for being a genious...

You really don't like games that have a different story than "save earth from invading stuff", do you?! :lol:
But then again, you rarely like anything, like that poor kid at INA who made a spaceship - you know, the kid you flamed because his spaceship "had wings"! :wavey:

Mr.Magnetichead said:
with plenty of testosterone soaked weaponary.
More like testosterone-lacking side-comments - The weaponry in Duke3D was lacking too.. Liked the laser-mines and pipe bombs though!
No seriously, I like the bubblegum comment, but the "rip your head off" killed the game for me...

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
1) People played it because it was hyped up beyond recognition.

2) You shoot things in first person in Morrowind too and yet it's not an FPS.

3) Not when it was 'rose tinted glasses syndrome'

4) I like lots of things and I like lots of games. My favorite game is Pikmin for ****s sake. I just do not tolerate ****.

5) Spaceships do not require wings. He hadn't thought his model through and he deserved everything I gave him. It's like claiming to make a model of a human male but giving it four legs, a segmented thorax and wings.

6) Freeze ray, shrink Ray, microwave gun, triple barreled machine gun, pipe bombs, trip mines, a pistol, a shotgun, a boot, an RPG and a double barreled stinger missle launcher. Sounds like a pretty testosterone soaked weapon load out to me.

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
This thread has fallen to such a low level of sewage-laden gutter-trash that I can't even think straight any more, b ut let me just say this:

Saying Duke Nukem is "sexist" is like hitting a reinforced cement wall with a frying pan. You're only making a fool out of yourself. And think about the poor frying pan.

Spaceships have wings.

Anybody who says Deus Ex is terrible is a commie and an ally of terrorists everywhere.

And finally, don't bring up **** that happens on other forums here. Least of all in a thread out of the blue like this. Bringing stuff up like that is just a Jack Thompson tactic with slightly more sarcasm. (woo name-dropping)

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Duke 3D was a fantastic game, it did things with the Doom engine that even id said were not possible.
Duke 3D isn't powered by the doom engine, but rather the build engine.

Mr.Magnetichead said:
Duke is not about comlex story arches and detailed character development. It's about balls to the wall action, blasting aliens with plenty of testosterone soaked weaponary.
I'll agree with you there.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Duke3d was a revolutionary game mostly because it was the first game to come with a lvl editor. It also revolutionized multiplayer. It's gameplay was entertaining and for those who enjoy humor and aren't easily offended it's comedy was a welcome addition. For those that didn't like it....never play shadow warrior. B4 postal and postal2 it was called the most contraversial game of all time mainly for it's depiction of orientals. (Most orientals I know thaught it was funny as hell.)

Duke3d isn't anymore "sexist" then any movie where the woman love the hero. The closest thing to sexism in Duke games is that he calls them "chicks" which isn't even said in a derogitory fashion in the game. Yes the comment about ripping off someones head and crapping down there throat (PG-13 version of statement.) is a bit graphic but if you let one phrase or statement dictate your view of something you will live a very narrow and closed off life.

Also if you turn on the parental lock those statements and the semi-naked chicks disapeer.

Everyone has there own opinions and different games they enjoy so I won't call you names because of a dislike of any particular game. I urge you though not to base an opinion off such little data... thats what demo's are for.

Back on subject I still say that this is no direct statement of delay.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Mr.Magnetichead said:
The Space Shuttle is not a spaceship.

A spaceship operates totally in space. A spaceship does not enter the atmosphere of a planet. Thus it does not have wings.

I think you should converse with an astrophysist. A "spaceship" is a vehicle that travels in space. The spaceshuttle travels in space. Therefore it is a spaceship. If a kite was fitted with thrusters and launched into outer space that would make it a spaceship.

I am aware that in the negligable gravitation pull of outer space wings are not needed, for without atmospere you do not need lift, drag is virtualy non-existant, and so basicly the only means of control is thrust. That said vehicles that travel exclusively in outerspace are currently restricted to space stations and satilites with no need for intersteller manned craft that maintain an outer orbit. That said that means space exclusive craft are ficticious and subject to personal interpretation.

You may feel that they shouldn't have wings, the other person may feel the opposite. That makes it opinion not fact.

Edit:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=spaceship

spaceship

n : a spacecraft designed to carry a crew into interstellar space (especially in science fiction) [syn: starship]

Notice the word 'into".

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, Dukenukem plays that's true. It has a good dose of excellent humour, and the comments made by duke are hilarious, most of the times.

But despite all the innovations and extras, it'll never replace doom for me ^_^
Funny...
A game so basic like doom... yet so memorable.

Though I wouldn't mind pissing on an imp, every now and then.