modellling explosions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

2unl2

Feb 23, 2005
Hey guys I'm new to modding and I have a few questions. First of all I was wondering how to make new explosions for a new gun I am modelling, prefearbly if you know how to do this in Maya, but any advice is great. I need to know how to make a realistic nuclear explosion effect but I'm not really sure how I could do this. Thanks for any advice!!!!

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
I've always liked the one in u42, the one triggered by baby nukem.

I think a realistic explosion has to use a combination of things. 1. A model like the deemer explosion which is basically just a few stretched spheres that aren't animated, just coded to expand from 0 as the explosion happens. 2. emitters spawned at the origin that kick up dust, debris, sparks and meteorites or whatever, and 3. a sprite or two that acts as the flash (again similar to the redeemer which has a momentary flash before the fire spread).

2unl2

Feb 23, 2005
well, the thing is im not sure how to do all that, I mean you saya few stretched spheres...but thats the problem, i dont know how to do that, thanks for replying by the way but oculd someone please go into more detail.