Puff Puff Pass

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should the sniper have a puff of smoke.

• yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 28 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
fresh&minty said:
As for you brizz, making comments about who could whip who when you don't know who I am makes you seem desperate to back up a point, which you failed at prior. GG at not mentioning the names of people that can beat a person you don't know... 2ez
I said you as IN GENERAL people that could kill you before you even saw them.

You clearly didn't play much UT, alot of the "momentum" "speed boosts" were already in UT before they were in UT200X.

Why would I name names? They hardly matter anymore, Quake isn't a much played game anymore (I haven't played it in over 4 years).

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
Sir_Brizz said:
I said you as IN GENERAL people that could kill you before you even saw them.

You clearly didn't play much UT, alot of the "momentum" "speed boosts" were already in UT before they were in UT200X.

Why would I name names? They hardly matter anymore, Quake isn't a much played game anymore (I haven't played it in over 4 years).

compare quake numbers to UT numbers on a referance that doesn't count bots (ie not gamelie, err gamespy)... quake3 has double the players of 2kx, quake2 has the same as ut99, and quakeW (not even counted) has more than either of those with it's various mods.

brizz, you should find a cure to aids, your so good with facts.

Either that or you should talk to the ground and grow plants, because the crap you spew contains enough BS to fertilize all of africa.

But then again I guess your not playing it in 4+ years means you know enough to comment on it :lol:

EDIT, and if your gripe in that "new people" thread was about me, here is a clue. If you blatantly bold face LIE, expect people to call you on it. Then if you LIE AGAIN expect people to call you on it again.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Oh wow. I refute your point with a fact, you resort to flaming/name calling/general insults to TRY to get your point across.... +1 you win teh intarweb.... :rolleyes:

edit: just saw you idle in h2o's channel. I shouldn't be surprised at your attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
You didn't state a fact, you bold faced lied, about something you admit you are not involved with. I called BS because that's what you did. Try not trying to pass of bold faced lies as facts and I will take you seriously.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
What the **** is with all these flames/trolls here recently? :mad:

fresh&minty, this thread might be a good read for you. Much of this one, although written for OT, applies anywhere else (yes, including here) as well. Read, and think before you post.

Sheesh.

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
RaptoR said:
@fresh&minty: consider yourself warned. The BU terms of use ( http://support.beyondunreal.com/faq.php?article=10 ) forbids abusive/insulting posts on the forums.

@Symbolikal + fresh&minty: take your personal feuds elsewhere. We don't tolerate this sort of thing on BuF, so take it somewhere else if you want to keep your posting privelages.

</nazimod>
while I respect that, do you honestly expect people to not slam people that blatantly bs about stuff they admit to know nothing about?

Running a flame free forum is all fine and dandy.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
fresh&minty said:
You didn't state a fact, you bold faced lied, about something you admit you are not involved with. I called BS because that's what you did. Try not trying to pass of bold faced lies as facts and I will take you seriously.
I didn't lie about anything, you don't have to be an active part of a community to notice trends.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
fresh&minty said:
while I respect that, do you honestly expect people to not slam people that blatantly bs about stuff they admit to know nothing about?
Do you honestly expect people to not slam people that slam people who do not in fact blatantly bs about stuff that they in fact know something about?

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
Sir_Brizz said:
I didn't lie about anything, you don't have to be an active part of a community to notice trends.

claiming the quake series has less players than UT is either 1. a bold faced lie, or 2. sheer stupidity/ignorance, take your pick.

If you are going to make such absurd statements and then follow it up with "I haven't played in 4+ years" realize how entirely asinine that is.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Jesus Christ, guys. The game discussion is interesting. Name calling isn't.

I personally couldn't give a crap about a puff of smoke. It's basically useless anyhow unless the person shooting you sucks.

I kind of got used to the LtG in the last couple of years, but I really loved UT's Rifle. Yeah, I guess it was way overpowered, but we're also talking about the new weapon, so we really don't know all of its properties yet.

The puff of smoke might be negligible, or it might be bright orange and as big as a rain cloud. Point is, we really don't know enough to say one way or another.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
fresh&minty said:
claiming the quake series has less players than UT is either 1. a bold faced lie, or 2. sheer stupidity/ignorance, take your pick.

If you are going to make such absurd statements and then follow it up with "I haven't played in 4+ years" realize how entirely asinine that is.
Considering that there is really no way to know whether bots are being counted or not and csports.net regularly lies about player numbers, I don't think even you can make an educated guess on it.

Amen. :shake:

Last edited by a moderator:

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
gamespy has stated that they count bots... several times, even epic fessed up.

there are about 1500 ut players online at peak, and about 3100 quake 3 players...
ut99 is at about 700, roughly the same as quake2.

I leave out Unreal, and quake1, because they aren't really tracked, but both are remotely alive, and I know that quake1 has more active clans than quake3. I'd be willing to guess quake1 creams unreal1.

I'm sure you want me on readonly/ban because I keep calling you out on the BS you post. I was having a decent arguement with aenubis about weapon balance, and I'd like to continue that. However I won't stop pointing out lies, or ignorant statements.

Let me define 2 things.

Lies- you know the truth, and mislead people for your gain

bull****- you don't know squat but just rant.

I charge you with the second.

Last edited:

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
ok, so the latest now is the g00gun/MineLayer/Grenade launcher will give off Green/Red/Purplish puffs of smoke that are visible at a distance?! :eek: i can't take it anymore and i am going to play Unreal 1 until the smoke clears!! :rolleyes:

and worse than the evil childish bickering is the totally offtopicness youse guys have caused :p

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
fresh&minty said:
gamespy has stated that they count bots
Link?
... several times, even epic fessed up.
Link?
there are about 1500 ut players online at peak, and about 3100 quake 3 players...
csports.net stats don't count.
ut99 is at about 700, roughly the same as quake2.
Again.
I'm sure you want me on readonly/ban because I keep calling you out on the BS you post. I was having a decent arguement with aenubis about weapon balance, and I'd like to continue that. However I won't stop pointing out lies, or ignorant statements.
Um, no, because you are breaking rules and conduct that we just don't put up with here.
Lies- you know the truth, and mislead people for your gain

bull****- you don't know squat but just rant.
A walking self-proclaimed dictionary. Woowoo.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
yea111 make it so that the puff of smoke is bright orange + as big as a raincloud

actually im not good enough to comment about this ( i miss players more than i hit them omg) so , i guess this post is Asinine

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
The fact that you call BS isn't the issue, the way in which you do it here is what seperates this forum from flame infested forums like ProU, or other forums who end up having to enforce a "warning level system".

Word like assinine, ignorant, and liar are not words we ever thow around in this forum, barring in rare cases of jest, or to concepts, not at people.

Instead of calling somone a liar, link your source, and proove them wrong. Anyone can type anything here, that doesn't make it true. The main thing that seperates this forum from others is maturity. That is how we handle stuff like that here. It's about educating everyone, not simply being right (which trust me, that get's old after a while ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.