Help! Too many items on UT's mod menu

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
My UT installation has so many mods installed that I can't access the bottom few, as the mod menu is cut off by the bottom of the screen, and the menu does not scroll. Is there a way around this, such as being able to make the menu scroll, or sort the menu into groups like you can with the Microsoft Windows Start Menu? I know I can uninstall a few mods, but if possible I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks for any answers.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Thanks for that, Dr.flay, I'm downloading ModMenuExtension now.

NeoNite and Darkmedor, you're right of course, my UT installation is no doubt full of things I'll never use, but it's difficult sometimes to know what to un-install, especially since you often think "Oh, I'll play that one rainy day" when you look at something you've yet to try. Regarding the resolution, I think it's 1400 x 1050, the native resolution of the laptop (I've not got it here, to check), not that it matters now, of course.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Wormbo's Mod Menu Extension , as recommended by Dr. Flay, is exactly what I wanted, so thanks to Wormbo and Dr. Flay. This (tiny but important) mod should be part of everyone's UT installation (I'd also suggest Soul Harvest, Weapon Factory Arena, XMaps, the Goldenye maps, among others).

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
I am going to make a thread at the UT99.org forum, on the subject of "About bloody time for a new update".
I will be putting together a preliminary patch, containing all the graphic and audio updates that bring people uptodate.
It will not be aimed at adding content, mostly improvements and functionality.
XMaps is in the running for inclusion, but would pad it out a lot. I am looking at the small things.

Rough list as it stands;
Video and audio renders
Simon 'Psychic_313' McVittie - Advanced Model Support-110
Wormbos enhanced items + GUI updates
Xpickups + ChaosSniperFixMut
Loathsomes fixes
Psychic_313 - Marginally Enhanced UT ?
Extra Brush Builders, pathLogic, UNREALED.HLP ?
Relics/Runes
EnhancedFeedback
UT2k4Movement
Redeemer2k4/Vengeance2k4
TeamBeacon2k4
CTF4, FlagEffects, FlagMutatorCTF ?
More Blood/gore muts
DecalStayMBOS
Autofill
JaFO's Bot-editor ?

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Dr. Flay, you might like to add the UT launcher from http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/ , that apparently stops UT from running problematically on some PCs. And also XMaps, as even though it's not a fix as such, as it's still very useful and makes the game easier to configure.

Last edited: