DTASAL settings

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I vote for

• I'm all for 'original' DTAS settings only

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • I'm all for 'TDM style' settings only

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I favor the two settings approach (teams pick)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I'm all for uniform settings (don't care which)

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
We are aware we need to match player demands concerning DTAS settings.

Here are 2 very different settings we came up with

1) is 'original' DTAS (scaled down a little for smaller maps)
2) could be described as 1 man cap/prevent, more TDM style.
Code:
--------------------------------------------original DTAS-----------TDM style

Attackersneeded--------------------------------2------------------------1
Defendersneeded--------------------------------2------------------------1
PlaceFlagTime--------------------------------- 10-----------------------5
CapTime----------------------------------------10-----------------------5
CapRadius--------------------------------------10 m---------------------3 m
Cap Heigth-------------------------------------12 m---------------------3 m
ShowFlare-------------------------------------false--------------------true
showkills-------------------------------------false--------------------true
listflag--------------------------------------true---------------------false
(display distance to flag)

strongdefense---------------------------------true---------------------true
(=fixed cap times independent of playercount in range)

We basically think of two options:

a) Go with either one of the settings (maybe compromised)
b) Give one team the choice of settings (either attacker or defender)
... to justify the extra work, they need to be quite different

Last edited:

CFA

The Cult Of Personalities
Apr 23, 2004
Derelan said:
I mean I think you're implying that the faster settings are for stupid fecal-matter-throwing monkeys. And if you are, I disagree.

dont mind him. hes a bit disturbed.

why complicate things.im all for original DTAS setting, however i am thinking you should change capture radius to 2-3 meters .blind capturing is bull.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Derelan said:
I mean I think you're implying that the faster settings are for stupid fecal-matter-throwing monkeys. And if you are, I disagree.

I don't imply anything my entire clan consists of TDM fans

Settings were meant to 'minimize dealing with the flag' and just use it to make people find eachother.

CFA said:
why complicate things.im all for original DTAS setting, however i am thinking you should change capture radius to 2-3 meters .blind capturing is bull.

We consider it. I disliked blindcapping in the beginning myself but its just a matter of flagplacing. A wider radius forces defenders to place the flag in an open area to prevent it and in general makes defense harder. With defense too easy and additional advantages it'll be too hard to conquer a city.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
is there a way to adjust how long it takes to place the flag once you spawn? On larger maps it would be nice to have somewhere between 45-60 seconds to place the flag.

CFA

Apr 23, 2004
wouldnt that render the flag man the fox until the flag is placed. 60 seconds can cover alot of ground.rushers could take out the "fox" or flag man before the flag is placed and win the round in a cheap way,especially if spawns are random

FighterFigger

[7VoE]
Oct 22, 2001
www.infiltration-noe.de.vu
I like the settings from YAGM most. :) But since they're not available here I chose TDM-Style. (although I'm against 1-man-caps)

Isn't 12m-cap-height a bit exaggerated? 7m sound much better to me.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
@Cleeus: I don't see why reducing flagplacing from 15s to 10s should make it "unacceptable" ... 15s is nice for big maps but on small ones I stumbled into the attackers more than once while trying to put the flag on map edge. Also settings like Flare or scoreboard should be tolerable - regarding our attempts to have some combined activity which is by nature a compromise.

@Figger: my biggest concern with YAGM: On large maps one defender away from flag, one attacker left at flag - but unable to cap - searching forever for the rouge defender.

That's just pointless.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Not that it matters much for the overall gameplay rules, but i've been praising the 10s flagplacing for long, it emphasizes randomness IMHO.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Cleeus[JgKdo] said:
anything else then standard dtas settings is not acceptable for me

Cleeus -

Why be so harsh and stead fast? While there are not a whole lot of Infiltration players, there are more players than in your circle of DTAS [or mine in EAS for that matter]. I believe DTASAL group is trying to bring in what is left of the Infiltration players into something other than random public server game play [where each group is in their own world].

Cleeus if you would a least attempt to compromise in good faith it would really help make DTASAL a better league and lasting success.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
There's a good chance you'll run into attackers on smaller maps with a 45-60 second delay before the flag is placed. It sorta defeats the whole concept of attackers/defenders if you end up placing the flag, or even die, with all attackers within 10 meters of you in my opinion.

CFA

Apr 23, 2004
Almost said:
There's a good chance you'll run into attackers on smaller maps with a 45-60 second delay before the flag is placed. It sorta defeats the whole concept of attackers/defenders if you end up placing the flag, or even die, with all attackers within 10 meters of you in my opinion.

yes that was my point .a round could be over in 20-30 seconds because of rushers killing the flag man. unless there is a possibility of the flag responsibility being changed to another person after the original flag man is killed, it really wouldnt be a good idea to have such a long delay

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
i stated it might be ok if you could set it PER MAP on LARGER MAPS, not on small or medium maps, sometimes on say Cuban Dawn, the defenders will spawn in a smaller room, then the flag placer had to play GET OUT OF MY WAY to get past everyone to place the flag somewhere where it cant be blind capped etc, that was the intention of my suggestion.

I totally agree with the smaller maps that anything over 10 secs would be too much...

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
To my knowledege it's currently impossible to make it map depending. Unless a new DTAS with this feature shows up, it would need the admin to change the setting after every map (quite impractical).

I really like the idea but it didn't sound like our DTAS lords will agree ;)