UT Server Patch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
I see that over at the Unreal Technology site they have a UT Server Patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>
This patch (489 KB) contains improvements to server performance for version 348. We are also working on some other optimizations for the full version, but we did not want to include any changes which impacted network compatibility in this patch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Lizard Of Oz (edited 11-10-1999).]

S

Slaughter

Maybe some server admins who've installed the patch could let us know their results. Hopefully it does lessen the CPU utilization which should result in smoother games.

Anyone who runs a server care to comment?

The ViOlAtOr

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Well I have a server on CTF and I installed the patch and I didn't see any drop in CPU utilization at all, it is still at 99-100% usage. Thank god I have a good cable connection. I really hope they fix this *BEFORE* the game comes out or I guess I'll be playing alot of Q3 where my ping is only 13.
-ViOlAtOr

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gifJust bringing up some of PuF's history /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

PS. this is one old thread im bring back as a history lesson /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif There aint a new server patch! Hey, what can I say, Im evil and im tryin to confuse the newbies!

bullet2.gif

The undisiplined mind is the playpen of chaos and disorder, so I guess I'm in trouble then.

[This message has been edited by LordKhaine (edited 02-03-2000).]