UE3 - UT3 Is there a way to open a map with only a .ut3 file

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
Is there a way to open a map when you have the ut3. file but don't have the upk. file in editor?

If so how?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
No. If you don't have the UPK file, create a dummy package with that name (e.g. by creating an empty sound cue or material) and hope that the editor can handle the missing resources. It's quite picky about missing packages, but should be a little more forgiving if the package exists but just doesn't contain what the editor expects. (At least that's how it worked in Unreal Engines 1 and 2.)

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
I do have a .upk file for the map I want to load but its a earlier version of the map I will try coping it and renaming it the later version and see if it loads.

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
Well I tried that and it didn't work looks like I have to rebuild that last months work on this map its a long story lets just say I don't have a current back up I can load.