Community mapping updates

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Hi all thought it would be cool to give a progress report on how the maps comming along!

Other mappers how about following suit on this one im interested to see how all those lovely maps are comming!!!!

Well as you might already know the map remargen has two sides to it a res area and a city scape area well the city scape is 90% finished
but i have got a couple of bsp probs GRRRRRRRR lol
and i have also noticed some slow down under the bridge but i think i got that sorted!

Im in two minds on a few things in the map at the mo, all to do with snipers and allowing acsess to certain places, i dont realy want to make it an impossible bridge crossing.

anyway i think it will be out soon! so enjoy the pics!
:) :) :)

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
No Name Yet

Okay this is the map I'm currently working on (note on BC2: it's coming -- I got this map in mind and just HAD to make it happen asap). It doesn't have a name yet and you'll see in the screenshots that there's still quite a bit to do, however it is coming along nicely. I'll provide a small description of each of the following 7 screenshots, starting with this one..

Okay this is the garage door.. it doesn't matter what angle you look at it from, it always looks like you're watching the 60's batman.. I don't know why, it's perfectly legible in the editor 2d views :)

<hr>The Most Hillarious Commercial Ever

[This message was edited by Los Pescados on Dec 15, 2000 at 11:47.]

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
This is the shoe room of sorts, just outside of the garage, to the left is a bedroom you can't see (cuz right now it's textured entirely in brick). :)

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
This is the family room as viewed from the 2nd floor blacony that is above it. I haven't finished putting all the "spindles" in the bannister leading up the stairs, and there will be a railing in front of where the camera is at this point, but for now you get the gist.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
The next 2 shots are of the basement.. I was aiming for an "unfinished" basement look.. it will go with the kind of theme of the rest of the level.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
And the last pic is of the whole house from the front on the outside. The house will be in those bricks, but I think the texture of the roof must definitely be changed sometime soon.

Ignato

TBuildT Mapping Team
Apr 20, 2000
Toronto, Canada
Very Nice!

That is one sweet map. The windows look too real. You should add a few little noma lights on the lawn for a nighttime eerie feel (if it is a night map).

Will the garage door be able to open and close?

I have a suggestion for a title -- DM-INF-Spanish word for house*.unr
:)

Gullonefox: That map looks great. Are those cylinders near the bridge bunkers? Can't really see that well from the pics.

sig01010.jpg

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Ignato: No they are small castle like towers, and before people scream thats not real ummm yes it is as they are from the real bridge I have put one ,mounted gun in each set to hold the enemy down on the bridge kinda like in the film but the film was set in the 2nd world war, I have aged the area about a few years tho :)

Well just got to say i realy like all the maps comming and quit interested in the rubbled church by kain i beleive i might be wrong on that but guys you are all inspiring me!!

By the way this is my first map, what you think?

[This message was edited by Gullonefox on Dec 15, 2000 at 18:25.]

Ignato

TBuildT Mapping Team
Apr 20, 2000
Toronto, Canada
First map???

Damn, that is VERY good for a first map. Hell, that is good for a veteran map.

You know what would make your map even better in my opinion...if you could get your hands on the theme song from the movie and convert it into umx. There is a post in the Offtopic section started by Pacman on how to convert the file. I forget the name of the topic though. Maybe some semi-solid barriers near the trees so that they provide cover from bullets and stop people from walking right through them.

sig01010.jpg

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
First map, eh? Glad to see I'm not the only rookie around here. :) Looks great, by the way.. you know I'll be playing that one when it's done!

By the way, the name I have chosen for the level is a little different.. although it still has to do with house.. it's called "La Casa Del Peligro" or "The House of Danger" hehehe. :p

Mike

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Thanx spooger for the compliment very kind...
Um yeah the tree thing! i was thinking on that but carried on making the rest of the map to hurry up the development, i was thinking of log piles ??? bit h&d i know but.. well i might put some old fences in!! Hey how do i find out the poly count?

Where are all the other maps guys??!!!!!

And i bought Project Igi yesterday so no mapping done last night :)

Very good game not what i expected tho but still very good !!

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
cool...

To check out the poly count for whats viewed...

In the editor, select inside the command line area (bottom of screen) and type "stat fps" (no quotes) and hit return. It will show up at the bottom of the shaded viewport as you move around.

Same goes for inside the game but do it in the console (the ~ key).

And I know what you mean about IGI... I also thought it was a pretty cool game but not as good as I expected... almost a bit cheesy. Bummer too. :D

SP2.gif

Come on in, sit down, let me take your head off!